Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

@hiheyhelloo - 3.5 GPA minimum for Cal Poly Scholars & you have to maintain that 3.5 GPA during your time at Cal Poly.

You also have to attend 3 events per year to remain eligible that are usually 1 hour.

My last event was jumping on Zoom with other Cal Poly Scholars & we played a game using a map of Disneyland & searching the park for Disney clues to answer the Disney puzzle… that’s what paid for my tuition. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Are there any things that you can do that better your chances to be chosen?

How cool!! It seems like it also gives you the opportunity to meet other students especially with us as transfers.

Do you know if they consider you with the GPA you applied with or the one after updating grades on cal state apply? I’m wondering since I know this year was a little different with no supplemental app.

@hiheyhelloo - Cal Poly Scholars takes the GPA after the update of grades.

But to be a Cal Poly Scholar is based on more than only GPA. It’s also based on financial need which they get from FAFSA, your steady performance in courses (long term) & other factors that I’m not sure about.

2 Likes

I guess nothing today. Same time, same place tomorrow. I’ll bring the chips and dips.

6 Likes

Lol I’ll bring the pizza

4 Likes

Remember - Last year for me, the decisions came out at 10:30 PM Pacific Time.

Don’t be locked in thinking it’ll only be during business hours.

3 Likes

When do you expect the first round of decisions to be released?

1 Like

Oh really?? I guess that means I’ll be constantly checking this for even more hours in the day than I should be😂

4 Likes

Okay, back to stalking the portal.

3 Likes

@Alipco1020 - Nobody is able to say when decisions will be released. I would just be BS’ing you.

I can only tell you the history. Last year was March 16th @ 10:30 PM.

There’s a post pretty far above that gives the history for the last 3 or 4 years.

1 Like

Hmmm so tonight at 10:20?

1 Like

Okay thank you for your honesty.

Makes sense. Thank you!

Today I found out that I placed the wrong course in my CSU apply college coursework section. Somehow instead of placing SPCH 100, I placed COMM 100. Which as you all know that shows that I didn’t complete my golden four ( CSU required courses) Which I actually did but somehow someway I entered the wrong course in my CSU application. So with my 4.0 GPA, hours of extracurriculars, and having all of my ducks in a row and good stats, I still will most likely not get accepted. I called admissions as soon as I was made aware of the error, and basically was told that it’s too late. (maybe this means admissions are coming very very soon!) anyways just thought I would post here because I feel like you guys would understand. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Doesn’t the application calculate if you’ve satisfied the “golden four”? Could’ve sworn I saw something at the bottom that alludes to it.

1 Like

@wildflower22 - Jeeeeez, I am sorry that happened.

One strategy is if you get denied, then you can hold off going to another college & wait for 1 year & apply next year with the correction.

Taking a year off is not the news you wanna hear but it still leaves Cal Poly SLO in your sights. You could work full-time for 1 year & save up some cash. Even if your parents pay for your college, it would be a good chunk of “extra” money for personal things while living in SLO that your parents wouldn’t pay for.

1 Like

If it did somehow I missed. I literally don’t even know how its possible that I missed it. I checked it like 30 times but :confused:

the golden four is:

• written communication
  • oral communication
  • critical thinking
  • mathematics / quantitative thinking
    so SPCH 100 would be for my oral communication ( which I took) COMM 100 doesn’t carry over.

True, just a really big bummer. We will see what happens! But it’s looking like I won’t be a mustang, at least I didn’t make the same mistake in my UC portal.

2 Likes

Who knows u might still get in