Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

Nice, history was my first major as a younger person, then I read Descartes and it changed my life.

1 Like

have any econ majors heard back? i’m getting real nervous ://

Another thing I didn’t mention was that I was athlete of the year for my class in high school, and I won a literary competition at my community college, which got published

1 Like

hey buddy, I know ur a history major. I just git accepted as a history major with a 3.1! Stay positive

1 Like

Yes; college has taught all of us kids a great deal. I think we learn maturity over anything else. Going from kid to man/woman. Workmanlike approach but we will get on.

2 Likes

I’m literally crying. I think it has something to with the fact that it’s never too late to chase your dreams and steer your life in a different direction when you want to. Resiliency is a beautiful thing. Being in the middle of what feels like admission hell with my daughter I am so grateful to experience something uplifting.

5 Likes

@nardo972 - You were the 1st here to post your Acceptance.

For future applicants — Decisions began at 6:23 PM Pacific on March 17th, 2021

:love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

are you serious jackson? you better be kidding brother. giving me a heart attack rn. LOL. hopefully can meet u in our school of learning if I get in.

Hi Everyone!

Just got accepted!

Major: Business Administration
GPA: transferring with 3.66, community college GPA 3.73
AS-T: Yes
Pre-reqs: Done
Golden Four: A, A, B, B
Local: Yes
21+ hours of work/volunteer hours per week
Leaderships positions: Yes

Also applied; Cal Poly Pomona (accepted), CSULB (accepted), San Diego State (accepted), UC Santa Cruz (accepted), UCSB (tagged, waiting), UCD (waiting), UCR (waiting)

5 Likes

is this if youre accepted?

1 Like

im still waiting ahhhhh
Congrats tho!!!

2 Likes

Did you notice acceptances all came out at once - no determination at this time a sign of inevitable rejection?

1 Like

really haven’t read it; maybe I read a little in philosophy intro to philosophy. But I remember a little bit about him. that class was good because it taught me to always think about life; we are all philosophers in our daily lives. I think that I can learn from philosophy a great deal.

was wondering the same

1 Like

@hsscholar765 - Decisions will roll out over the next few days. If anybody has not heard yet, that does not mean rejected. Many will be accepted tomorrow & Friday & probably Monday too.

I’ve been through this process last year. This is all normal.

Just remember that even with all of us here, we are but a tiny fraction of everyone who applied. And since we’re all here going crazy over our academics, it’s probable that the stats of people who frequent this forum to have higher stats than
most applicants, so more will hear back first on here vs most.

Just be patient, you got this!

as a young person? LOL you seem old! i am quite old myself; 23 turning 24 in 4 months. But I am on track to get to my goals. Got accepted to csulb already.

Congrats! I have the same major and similar stats as you but still waiting for SLO, SDSU, and UCSC.

2 Likes

Are there any business majors that just got accepted that took business calc instead of the 2 semesters of calc?

1 Like

@celectric - I don’t know what your question is asking. Re-ask and elaborate & I’ll try to help.

1 Like