Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

I am also taking machining on campus. I almost took welding as well, but I’m taking too many classes this semester and time wise shouldn’t have taken machining as it is. Although it is a nice stress relieving class.

1 Like

Eh, it’s only been one day. Hope you do get in though dude, here’s to hoping your service is a big push for you to get in. I feel like the Army Reserve really carried me into Cal Poly lol.

Can you please share the stats of the Civil Engineer that got accepted please !!!

yeah, Im taking prereqs based on SJSU and CalPoly which are quite different. technically the math and phys i need for CalPoly i didn’t take, but I have other math an phy classes that I am taking that i’d eventually need to take at CalPoly anyway. because of this, i assume i wont get in but being as that industrial engineering is such a small community, i’m hoping they let me slide in anyway.

People dont post their stats on the discord server, sorry.

I hope you do too! I know a lot of industrial engineering majors kind of skirt on the math and physics anyways because the major is really less about engineering and more about logistics/systems lol. What other schools did you apply to? Just SLO and SJSU?

By local do y’all mean from cali or specifically local to slo?

I’ve also got the native American card going for me as well, but you know, race cant legally play a role in the decision making but they ask on the application for a reason. Plus Stanford and CalPoly Pomona have both asked for my registration number, so someone cares otherwise they wouldn’t be verifying.

CalPoly Pomona - Accepted in Feb
SJSU - Accepted in Mar
CalPoly - Waiting
Stanford - Submissions closed on monday (3/15)

CS admits please post stats!

Discord Channel for CalPoly SLO Engineering Students

All transfer students are welcome as they put out as much good info as possible to benefit everyone!

Oh dang, I haven’t met any transfers that YOLO’d a Stanford app yet. Last I checked, they take something like 20-30 transfers a year. That’d be legendary if you get in.

Is your second choice CPP?

Local means to SLO area only.

accepted @ 7:30pm
GPA: 3.79
Major: Psychology
IGETC: Completed
Golden 4: AABA
Pre-req: will be complete by spring
Local: No, San Diego
Work: 30 hours, 65% major related
EC: No
Leadership: No

1 Like

STATS
GPA: 3.91
Major: Computer Science
IGETC: Complete
Golden 4: AAAA+
Pre-Req: Will be complete by spring
Local- No
Work: 16-20 hours, Major Related
EC: 11-15 hours
Leadership: Yes

Not sure what went wrong that I haven’t received anything yet. Hoping that only a small batch was released yesterday and today will be the next. Saw a CS admit on this thread that got in with a 3.84 GPA or something so hoping I get it too. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Many of you will be getting accepted today. :love_you_gesture:

Remember — Decisions roll out in waves. Even people with the same major will not be notified at the same time.

So some of you seeing others accepted to the same major as you but you have not heard anything yet is all normal. There’s nothing to read into it.

Stay Strong, everyone! :crossed_fingers: :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

I hope so :sob: thanks for the good vibes

1 Like

Has anyone heard from financial aid? My portal says no data available and yes I did submit a FAFSA to CalPoly SLO and was accepted. Any suggestions?

Not sure if this helps and I haven’t heard from Cal Poly yet. But I was accepted into UCR and the first day there was nothing and then a few days later scholarship/financial summaries popped up. I also heard from UCSC yesterday and there is nothing up for them. Im thinking financial aid may come a little later? Not sure why though as I heard typically scholarships and financial summaries usually come with the acceptance letters.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten any fin aid details either. I guess we just have to wait a few days.

1 Like