Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

I’m from the bay area too, and slo was the farthest I was willing to go. Berkeley is probably a stretch, so I’m hoping to be deciding between slo, Santa Cruz, and Davis when all this madness is over.

@halea41 - Cal Poly has announced they are “aiming” for Fall return to campus however they said it will depend on the amount of vaccinations people have received by that point & whether or not these variants of COVID that are showing up are also combatted by the vaccine.

Thank you. That helps a lot.

Best is always subjective, but if you go by objective statistics, SLO has higher numbers and lower admit rates. CSULB is a rad school though. I forgot to apply to it when I did my cal state apply when I meant to.

Yep! East Bay here haha. It’s not too far away so it’s cool to be able to come back for weekends and hang out. Is Cal Poly your top choice out of all of those?

1 Like

@CalPolySL0Bound do you know if decisions ever come out during the day or is it typically in the evening?

Honestly, it wasn’t when I first applied, but because of this forum, I think it is now lol. I didn’t know slo rolled like this. Would be nice to attend a place so many people wanna go to. I just have to figure out the logistics. Maybe get a commuter housing so I can do part time there and here. If virtual classes continues, that would help a lot.

1 Like

@sciencegal23 - Decisions started out at night on the 1st day, then throughout the day the next 4 or 5 days. It was really intermittent.

1 Like

Did anyones else’s portal update with a congrats video and info on orientation events, etc…? Is WOW required?

1 Like

@hiheyhelloo - WOW is required. You have to check in. However, if they don’t return to campus in Fall due to COVID, then it will be done over Zoom which is great too cuz you can hop to many events with the click of a button.

If anyone gets their acceptance today, please do share here!

1 Like

SLO Days is required & will be held for Transfers on August 12 & 13.
You only attend 1 of those days & the day will be assigned to you based on your major that you were admitted to.

2 Likes

SLO Days and WOW are not the same.

Both are required.

“No determination has been made at this time.” lol

1 Like

SLO is my last decision that is supposed to come out in March and the last 3 days have felt like a year… the wait till April is going to feel like 5 years lol

1 Like

I agree too. I would love to stay in SLO for a while to explore the community there and come back home on some occasions.

1 Like

So they can be at anytime ( day or night) over the next few days?

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks so much for that info… by any chance do you know if we’ll have the opportunity to speak to academic advisors before registration?

I’m child development! But I haven’t heard back :frowning: have you?

Yes, but it will be very limited since every Transfer will be trying to speak to an Academic advisor that day & you will only be allowed to speak to them that day. It’ll be rushed. This was my biggest hurdle/fear after getting accepted but being so lost at what classes I am supposed to take for Fall & I have to register for courses.

I emailed advisers & they blew me off by saying “we’ll answer all your questions on SLO Day.” I did a ton of digging & researching to finally figure it out.

I can walk thru any of you Business Administration majors thru every step. I’ve got callouses from being in the trenches.
The other majors, I can walk you thru the beginning, I just cannot tell you what classes to take for Fall. But I can dig with you & help figure it out.

2 Likes