Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

at this point they’ve read all of our apps just tell us already so we can start making plans :)) !!

2 Likes

Looking at last year’s College Confidential thread, a bunch of people were waitlisted on the 18th (the day after decisions started rolling out) and then one person waitlisted on the 26th (the day before rejections started rolling out). Strange we haven’t seen any waitlists yet.

2 Likes

Last year’s thread has shown that it has not been a predictor for this year’s thread.

3 Likes

I understand it isn’t the best predictor, however you also responded with information about last year. Your information was inconsistent to what I observed in last year’s thread, so just wanted to report my findings.

OK, thanks. Best to do your own research.

@vitacoco - I sent you the President’s email in private chat

@CalPolySL0Bound Other than doing the FAFSA, is there any more FinAid hoops you have to bounce through for Cal Poly Scholar? I mean like paperwork and all, not the meetings/workshops.

1 Like

@maora34 - Absolutely nothing besides FAFSA in regards to paperwork. You just have to renew your FAFSA every year.

Cal Poly made the announcement & the perks & money started showing up.

Side Note:
SLO Days & WOW fees are waived by Cal Poly Scholars but mine showed my fees were due. I emailed them & they waived them in 1 hour. That was the only hoop I had to go through.

4 Likes

Thanks for the fast response man, you’re a huge help.

2 Likes

So I know a lot of us probably applied to a lot of other schools and I know we will all end up where we are meant to be. But with that said, I definitely want to hear where everyone in this awesome group ends up committing. Let’s update this thread at the end of May or whenever we commit so we can all congratulate and celebrate each other! I feel like y’all became my friends in this thread lol😊

14 Likes

are scholars solely chosen based off their FAFSA? I am a daca recipient and can only apply to the CA Dream Act. It would suck if I wasn’t in the pool just because of that

Agreed! I will definitely share it all!

1 Like

Being DACA should absolutely not hurt your chances! I didn’t even apply for FASFA in time, so I hope that doesn’t hurt my chances, either!

They use CA Dream Act and FAFSA for financial determination. Of course, there are other factors unrelated to financials that they use too.

https://scholars.calpoly.edu/expectations2021-22

Cal Poly Scholars:

"There is no application process for the Cal Poly Scholars program, and selection is determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at the time of acceptance to the university.

Students unsure of their status in the Scholars program should check their email for an invitation to join the program or reach out to the program directly at cpscholars@calpoly.edu"

I just wanted to report my findings.
Hang in there!

1 Like

A few questions, as I understand that upper division courses are different from anything I’ve been accustomed to in JC:

-How many courses per day on average can expect to take. In JC it’s about three classes.

-are courses only given once a day, or are they offered in different time slots like in JC

• is night school a thing in poly, or at the universities in general

That’s it for now

The only difference I’ve noticed is the Quarter system after I did my entire Junior College/ Community College from a Semester system.

Your questions:
#1 - I don’t understand. Did you mean how many hours? Ask me again!

#2 - Courses are offered in multiple time slots per day exactly like Junior/Community college. Same course, same instructor, multiple sections with different time slots. One course is usually twice per week. Mon & Wed or Tues & Thurs (2 hours each of those days). However, there are a few that are 5 times per week Mon-Fri (1 hour each day) and there are some 1 time per week on Fri. But the majority are twice a week just like the Junior/ Community college.

#3 - Night courses are offered at Cal Poly, but just not as many as they offer during the day. My Business Information Systems course was from 6p-8p. My Statistics tutoring was from 8p-9:30p. You may have to trade the instructor that people recommend for the nighttime hours.

Cal Poly is on the Quarter system. It’s 10 weeks vs. the 16-week semester system that we’ve been using.

Hey everyone,
Just checked my portal:
Waitlisted
Aerospace Engineering
GPA 3.7
Non-local (Los Angeles)
Honors Program

4 Likes

Ahhhhhh… and so it begins! :sob:

1 Like

ah omg I checked and got nothing. I think I’m probably rejected then :confused: