Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

I just want to know so I can commit to my safe school already D:

Waitlisted is better than outright rejection! Does anyone know if there were many who were offered admission off the waitlist last year from the transfer pool? Thanks for sharing and best of luck getting off that waitlist!

2 Likes

I was just waitlisted as well for Business/Accountancy and my stats were posted recently :weary:

I just checked and I have nothing too. Guess Iā€™m expecting a rejection!

1 Like

same here :expressionless:

same omg im sad now

I got waitlisted too for computer science
GPA 3.69

your stats are almost perfect. cal polyā€™s missing out by wait listing you fr.

4 Likes

The official deadline for Waitlisted people to find out if they were accepted or not is July 15th. :-1:

So unfortunate to be in that situation. July 15th is when Cal Poly knows how many students accepted but then rescinded after getting accepted to the UCs. As well as those who turned out to not have the courses they claimed to have had once their official transcripts were reviewed, in addition to other factors.

Just checked my portal and got waitlisted for Business Admin. I still have hope since Cal Poly Slo is my dream school, but looks like Iā€™ll be going to SDSU. If anybody that got accepted and doesnā€™t actually plan on attending, please decline your offer of admission. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am warming up to SDSU, BA is hard to get into so you should be very proud of yourself! I am an accounting major which isnā€™t as impacted :grinning:

Iā€™m still waiting to see my decision. Getting worried now that thereā€™s not going to be any more acceptances. But I got into SDSU for communications major so thereā€™s always that.

1 Like

Waitlisted. CS Major with a 3.96.

Waitlist here as well. CS with a GPA of 3.93

These Stats getting waitlisted are hard to comprehend.

Last year, 2 of my classmates were accepted to Business Administration with both of them having a 2.8 GPA and coming from Cuesta.

Their 2.8 behavior still continued at Cal Poly with one of them getting 48% in our class & groveling to the instructor for a Cā€“

3 Likes

When one is placed on the waitlist and will not know whether or not they will be offered admission until July 15th, what does that mean for accepting another schoolā€™s offer, as far as the timeline goes?

Honestly thatā€™s so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . I donā€™t understand why cal poly admit like this

1 Like

Waitlisted :frowning: CS major GPA 3.97

I would enroll in your number 2 selection and understand you will lose the enrollment deposit should you withdraw.

1 Like

If I enroll in my number #2 choice school and then Cal Poly SLO accepts me off the waitlist, I can still attend Cal Poly SLO, even after I enrolled in my #2? Sorry, I am not very knowledgeable about this process. I am the first in my family to attend college.