Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

I just divided the NTR Target by the NTR Apps, I guess that’s not the actual acceptance rate per se but it should be super close because it’s their target

1 Like

Waitlisted! :smile:
Software Engineering
3.39 gpa
prereqs complete
golden 4s complete
16-20 hrs of major related work
6-10s volunteer in leadership position
Local: No, Orange County CA

Oh okay I got it! The acceptance rate for my major came out to be around 13% which is lower than at UCLA and Berkeley lol

4 Likes

Did you guys get an email or checked your portal for you decisions result… idk if emails lag behind

Waitlisted
Business Administration
3.90 GPA
Prereqs complete
Golden 4: A, A, A, A
Work but not major related
Play on sports team with leadership position
Not local

well sometimes they look at your stats and think ok, this person is going to go elsewhere so let’s not mess up our acceptance rate

1 Like

haha rip me shoulda failed a coupla classes. . . . SLO was really the only place i wanted to go … now i have to start looking into other schools rip

sorry :frowning: it happens a lot but really only for more elite schools. SLO is kind of elite but still their actions make NO sense

1 Like

everything will workout not really stressin to hard just kinda confused

3 Likes

I actually didn’t get an email, I just randomly checked the portal

Sheesh. I’ve joked several times, wouldn’t it be something if I am denied by Cal Poly SLO but accepted by UCLA and/or CAL. :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve heard this a lot, that sometimes people with higher stats don’t get accepted at some schools because the schools assume they will go somewhere else and want to protect their yield. But like, what if someone with a 4.0 only applied to that school because they really wanted to go there and expected they would get in, only to be rejected. Idk the concept doesn’t really make sense to me but I know you were just passing on what you’ve heard as well.

5 Likes

A friend of mine with super high stats actually got accepted to all the UCs including Berkeley and UCLA last year but got rejected by SLO. Yield Protection is def a thing at SLO

8 Likes

Waitlisted!!! :grinning:
Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.79
Prereqs: Missing One (Biology)
Golden 4: A, A, A, IP (Will be an A)
Work: 21+ Hours per week, not major related
EC: 6-9 Hours per week with leadership positions
Local: Yes

3 Likes

Congrats! Does anyone know if they send out information on the weekends, or just M-F?

I dont think anyone has seen activity on the weekends so far

1 Like

Ok, good to know.

Hi all
Just got Waitlisted
Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.87
Golden 4: Yes
Local: No (san fernando valley)
Major Prep: Spring 2021

1 Like

I have the same stats as you for bio sci. Also haven’t heard anything. Given our gpas and prep I’m gonna go ahead and blame yield protection. At least that makes me feel better.

2 Likes

Since this is such a rockin’ thread let’s keep in touch here June/July and report back any word on the waitlists!

3 Likes