Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

Thank you! Same to you!

1 Like

Oh geezā€¦why didnā€™t I think of that, lol. Duh.

NTR is transfers and FTF is freshman

2 Likes

I would assume the reason they let in the amount of transfers that they do is tied to their retention rate, which right now is about 85% of freshman expected to graduate. Theyā€™re replacing people who drop out/fail out with transfers. (Interestingly, transfers have a better graduation rate than people who start as freshman.)

3 Likes

iā€™ve seen a few complaints on last years thread about the experience as a transfer at cal poly. if what youā€™re saying is true then that totally makes sense to me now. cal poly as a whole doesnā€™t seem to be much of a transfer friendly schools except maybe for those form the most local ccs.

I think youā€™re right. Plenty of people on here have better stats than me, but Iā€™m local and an older student so they probably looked at my application like ā€œthis person is likely unwilling/unable to move and motivated to get in, get degree fast, and get out, good candidate to fill a spot of someone who dropped out.ā€

3 Likes

yeah. the local part big for CSUs

iā€™ve started to notice that. i see why in theory but when you consider the schools w the best rep/resources tend to be in areas that are already pretty well off :// maybe better in theory than it is in practice

For those who got waitlisted today, did you get an email or just check yourself? Iā€™ve been seeing a lot of cs people get waitlisted which scares me because Iā€™m also cs.

SLO is expensive and nice, but one of its two feeder schools, Hancock, has 1/2 of its students designated low-income and mostly serves latinx students. CP is not just prioritizing rich local white kids - they get in as freshman.

2 Likes

CS waitlist here, I have not received an email yet, just checked the portal

2 Likes

Welp I just checked aaaannnddd Iā€™m waitlisted :frowning:

Stats:

GPA: 3.9

Will receive 4 associates degrees by end of spring (Computer Science, Math, and 2 others)

Did volunteer work for an org called the Data Dividend Project

I work a part time job at a car wash.

I hope the next wave is full of acceptances, good luck yaā€™ll.

3 Likes

Any Bio majors have got in??

1 Like

I havenā€™t and neither has @user_364742 I havenā€™t heard of any others on this thread either but may have missed something.

2 Likes

i didnā€™t mean slo in particular is prioritizing a certain demographic over another, itā€™s just kind of a fault built into the system that those without a local csu that has the rep/resources of slo or sdsu for example are disadvantaged, at both the freshman and transfer level

1 Like

Waitlisted
3.84 Business Admin
20+ Work Hours, not related to major
Associates Degree for Transfer
Not local
Golden 4: Yes

Still at no determination :upside_down_face:

1 Like

nothing yet wbu @nicolette88

Just got my waitlist email

Waitlisted! I was expecting a straight up rejection so Iā€™m not that mad!
psychology
3.4 gpa
prereqs I have 2 pending dev psych and bio
golden 4s complete with all Aā€™s
20 hr work not related to major
no leadership roles
Local: No, LA area (cerritos)

applied: csulb (accepted prob going there if not taken off slo waitlist), sdsu(rejected), pomona (rejected), Fullerton (accepted), and dominguez hills (accepted).

QUESTION: does anyone know how likely I am to be taken off this waitlist? any answers greatly appreciated!

I also was confused that we have to accept a schools offer by May 1st but slo wont give final updates until july 15th or something? Thanks good luck and congrats yā€™all