Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

basically cal poly is saying to commit to another school and pay the deposit even if you still want to go to cal poly. so basically if your second choice school is csulb, commit there by may 1st (the deadline) so that if you don’t get off the waitlist you will still have somewhere to go in the fall. If you end up getting off the waitlist and still want to go to cal poly, you just don’t get your deposit from csulb back.

1 Like

okay perfect I already did pay the csulb deposit and accepted and was worried I would have to go there even if I got taken off waitlist somewhere else! Thanks for clearing that up!

1 Like

Waitlisted
Major: Computer Science
GPA: 3.86
Prereqs: Complete
Golden 4: A, A, A, A
Work Hours: 20+ (non-major related)
EC: Tutor
Local: No

Here are some answers:
July 15th is the deadline for Waitlisted to get final decisions.

1 Like

Damn, that 13 slot target and 3% expected acceptance for bio is insane. RIP.

Looking at a lot of the majors though for the transfers, Cal Poly is really close to acceptance rates for Cal and UCLA. Actually straight up harder for a lot of stuff.

If anyone wants to cross-reference with UC numbers, here you go.

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/transfers-major

2 Likes

I got in as a bio major on the first day decisions came out. I’m local

3 Likes

Oh my bad I forgot! Congrats again!

1 Like

@CalPolySL0Bound do you have any idea what looking for housing in slo is like in June/July? In case we get off the waitlist that late

so glad this is over with.

1 Like

Last year, I accepted their offer on May 1st which then made me eligible for
on-campus housing & it was already filled up.

I had to do off-campus housing which I preferred anyway but it gives you an idea of how quick it fills up. Off-campus housing has so many variables. Almost everywhere, you have to sign a 1-year lease. But with COVID, it’s hard to make predictions but Cal Poly is planning to return to campus in Fall unless something happens.

Off-Campus: (scroll to bottom)
http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/off-campus-housing-guide

1 Like

Is there a database for acceptance rates by major for transfer applicants? I wanted to know what the transfer acceptance rate was for computer science at slo last year.

For those Accepted:

On-campus housing applications open April 8th but nobody is eligible until after you accept Cal Poly’s offer for admission. Cal Poly says to accept by April 6th since it takes 2 days for the computer to process your eligibility.

On-Campus:

2 Likes

any english majors hear back yet?

Business major here, so sad that I haven’t received anything.
For those who have been waitlisted, are you going to wait to see if admissions will make their decision on July 15th? Does anyone know when decision come out for applicants who send out appeals? Also July 15th?

its because there about 60,000 freshman who apply vs 5,000-10,000 transfers who apply

1 Like

As a transfer, I have loved my experience at Cal Poly and think they are very accommodating! The clubs I am in are always looking for ways to include transfers and help them out. Also, all the people in my classes are very accepting and want to help transfers out. It is a bit different at schools like Cal Berkeley because you have to fight against other people to earn an A. CSUs are very inclusive and do not care how many kids get an A, B, C, etc. (no curve).

1 Like

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t hear anything until April 1st. And it better be an acceptance. I’m stubborn like that :rofl:

2 Likes

“Appeals will be reviewed on an individual basis. You can expect to learn the final decision by way of a formal letter sent to your mailing address within three weeks of receipt of the appeal.”

Thank you for that. Basically we will know our decision earlier than waitlist applicants will, is that correct?

1 Like

Correct