Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

I wrote 2 paragraphs, 5-8 sentences each. I wouldn’t go off of me though since I don’t know whether it worked or not!!

2 Likes

for anyone wondering about the EOP program, Slo classified me as an out of state student for some dumb reason even though I have gone to hs in cali and attended two community colleges in cali and applied to CA Dream Act for two years. Anyways, they accepted me, but not officially until I get my in state status sorted out with Slo.I was extremely sad that I wouldn’t be able to go because of the initial financial aid they provided me, but just got a cal grant and now my dream of going to SLO is looking more like a reality. I am deeply sorry for the many people with amazing stats who weren’t accepted, Slo really messed up. For the ones who got accepted I am really excited to meet all of you!

2 Likes

I applied for EOPS at calpoly do you know how they notify If you qualified? I was in EOPS at cc here in Cali.

I was just emailed

1 Like

Denied 4/1 :frowning: gonna appeal

2 Likes

anybody know when transfer applications are going to open for campus housing for fall quarter ?

Wheres the emplid number anybody know?

1 Like

Housing applications open April 8th but you must accept Cal Poly’s offer of acceptance 1st before you can fill out the application.

Cal Poly says it takes 2 days from accepting the offer for the housing application to recognize you in the system so they recommend accepting their offer by April 6th.

2 Likes

EMPL ID is found on your portal.
Click “Personal Info” tab at the top & your Poly Empl ID will be on the right margin.

1 Like

Anybody recommend any good off-campus housing for SLO? Looking for a studio most preferably.

2 Likes

Go back thru last year’s thread. At the end, a few current students mentioned housing & gave the vibe/feel for different places.

Here are the off-campus locations:
http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/off-campus-housing-guide

3 Likes

I wish we had people like you in every college thread LMAO, thanks so much!

2 Likes

Tysm i found it! Hopefully i get in

1 Like

Tysm!

2 Likes

I haven’t accepted slo because I am waiting on ucla and uc davis, but I was wondering if the date I register for WOW and slo day really matter. Like would it affect my experience if I registered for those events later rather than as soon as possible?

1 Like

I was a freshman last year and signed up for the dates and I remember that the dates do not matter at all, the difference is just what days work for people.

SLO Days — You will be assigned a specific day based on your major. The dates are August 12 & 13 for Transfers. You attend 1 of those dates. Cal Poly has not released which majors will be assigned to which day. You have until August 6th to register for SLO Days. Your experience will not be affected since you will be assigned to the day based on your major no matter when you register.

WOW — Is the entire week before the quarter begins so it’s the same week for everyone.

2 Likes

I’m interested to hear once the appeal decisions come out.

1 Like

Waitlisted?

i’m waitlisted but some people that were denied decided to appeal and i’m interested to see if cal poly will admit anyone that appeals

2 Likes