Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

No any news for SE/CS folks as of now yes ?

1 Like

If you are very sure about going to Cal Poly then you don’t need to. Otherwise in-person Open House can grant you the opportunity to feel the vibe of the school more clearer than not, then you’ll know whether you sure want to commit to such school for 2 years or more.

1 Like

Just a little funny story >>>“Thank you for applying to Cal Poly. We have received your application. No determination has been made at this time.” ))

1 Like

My daughters portal says “pending”…business major with ADT

Was that status changed recently or it was like this from very beginning?

no word for CS

1 Like

Still no determination for me.

2 Likes

Yeah no updates to my portal either.

2 Likes

From previous years it looks like there isn’t decisions made over the weekends. Hoping for sometime early next week, I’ll take 11:59 March 31st if it means good news!

1 Like

Praying for you, me, and everyone else in this thread. Cal poly is the only school I have had my heart set all the way back from sophomore year of high school. I know the head of the statistics department there and he even offered me housing. It would be an absolute dream come true.

7 Likes

For those hell-bent on attending Cal Poly & you don’t want to go somewhere else, you can always take a Gap Year by not attending college & work full-time, then re-applying next year. I’ve seen people get rejected 2 years in a row, then get admitted on their 3rd attempt.

It’s not the plan that any of you want but it’s an option. Employers don’t care & you won’t alter your course in life by entering the workforce 1 year later than you expected when we have 40 working years ahead of us.

Stay Strong, everbody :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

I am thinking to re-applying for sure, in the case of rejection of course, but I am not sure what to do with the CSU’s which already admitted me ? What will change if I accept an admission to one of them and still re-apply this upcoming Fall for Cal Poly again ? (about 40 years of workforce ahead, well let me disagree here… this will be true for freshman mostly, but for transfers we are in different age groups so this will not apply exactly )

That’s something better answered by Cal Poly. (But wait until after decisions come out before asking).

Would you be attending that other college during the year you’re not at Cal Poly?
Cal Poly takes people from 4-year universities but it’s a smaller percentage than what they take of transfers from Community Colleges. I don’t know if that would decrease your chances so it’s best to ask Admissions.

1 Like

Thank you, well I’m in a dilemma, and don’t know what to do really to be honest, more I think what decision to make about this situation more my head explodes, for now leaving it time to pass to see… Other than this, yes you are right the most straight forward answers I can get is to contact Cal Poly admissions first with this questions (after final decisions are out)

1 Like

I don’t know if this would be worth it in the long run… This is putting yourself significantly behind for a school that you have never truly experienced. Although it may seem inconceivable to go to another school, you have no idea if you will truly like it or not until you attend.

3 Likes

Have any bio majors been admitted?

If it’s been 5 days since I was accepted, and there is still no financial aid, should I call? Is the latest it will come out April 1st as well?

When does a Cal Poly email get generated for accepted students? I have been conditionally accepted and sent my transcripts in, but there is no Email app under the My Apps section in the portal.

I forget when the Cal Poly emails are given to students but I remember it being a long time & I received their communications thru my email that I provided them on my application.

1 Like

No FA here either. Waiting.