Cal Poly SLO

I have an approx. MCA of 4600. I’d like to apply to Architectural Engr. What are my chances? If not good, then I could go for construction Mgt, but thats not my first option. Any intel out there?

In State. 4.02 GPA 1560 SAT MCA about 4600

Did you check the Final status thread to see if any Architectural Engineers posted their MCA points?

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-cal-poly-slo-2019-final-status.html

Based on your stats, I would say you are in the ballpark.

Best of luck.

I really want to go to SLO. How difficult would it be to change major in the Architecture school from Const Mgt. to Architectural Engineering?

Based on last year’s admission projections, Architectural Engineering had around a 50% acceptance which is very good for SLO vs. 80% acceptance rate for Construction Management.

I would say apply for Architectural Engineering and select Construction Management as an alternate. SLO does not accept into the alternate major often, but since CM has a high acceptance rate, you should be very competitive.

It should not be too difficult to change majors since both are in the same College but I think you look good for your first choice major.

I entered all my classes and grades into the SLO app and then used that SLO GPA to recalculate my MCA [ is this correct?] . My MCA is now 4754, how much better should I feel about my chances now for ARCE ? Not much data or talk out there for this major.

I think you are competitive. Best of luck.

Keep in mind that the GPA calculated on the CSU application only includes 10-11.

Cal Poly will use your 9-11 and is not the GPA you see on the application.

Be sure to include middle school classes for accelerated math (typically algebra or geometry) and LOTE.

What gpa would you enter into a MCA calculator? Thanks much.

For MCA, you use 9-11 grades. You would need to calculate your 9-11 GPA using a-g courses with a maximum of 8 bonus points of UC honors (instate only) and AP/IB/DE courses.

Thanks for your help.