Calculating UC GPA along with college classes

<p>Hi guys! I am a high school senior and I want to know how to calculate my UC GPA because I took some A-G community college classes during 11th grade. My high school counselor is not helping me because my high school doesn’t give an extra point to A-G college classes. They told me that UC will calculate the GPA by themselves but I still want to know what my UC GPA is.</p>

<p>I have 11 A’s and 9 B’s during 10-11th grade. Each semester is 5 units.
355/100=3.55</p>

<p>I earned 3 A’s from Foothill College (each quarter is 4 units = 13 high school units) and 4 A’s from Skyline College (each semester is 3 units = 10 high school units).
671/179=3.748</p>

<p>After I transferred my college credits to my high school, my UC GPA went up from 3.55 to 3.748 (with no extra point on college classes). </p>

<p>Does anyone know how should I calculate my UC GPA? Because since my high school counted the college classes as 10/13 units, the A’s I got from college are more weighted on my high school transcript. </p>

<p>Should I calculate it as 10 or 13 units times 5 (1 extra point) = 50 or 65 points?
Or do I just assume each college class is also 5 high school units? </p>

<p>Thanks! :)</p>

<p>For starters, do you have any qualifying weighted classes at the high school (honors, AP, IB.) Since the UC will only give you weighted credit for 8 semesters total, maybe the college classes are a moot point. Even if you have no weight level classes at high school, the UC is only going to weight 4 of your college classes.</p>

<p>UC’s probably know that many CC courses aren’t as rigorous as some APs. Not 100% sure, but I believe CC courses don’t count as weighted classes in your GPA.</p>

<p>[University</a> of California - Honors courses](<a href=“http://www.ucop.edu/agguide/a-g-requirements/honors/]University”>http://www.ucop.edu/agguide/a-g-requirements/honors/)</p>

<p>College courses</p>

<p>A 3 or more semester (or 4 or more quarter) unit UC-transferable California college course in the “a-g” subjects automatically receives honors status. Designated nontransferable college courses in English and mathematics can fulfill the subject requirements, but will not receive the honors weight in the GPA. To determine whether a community college course can satisfy the “a-g” subject requirements, search for the college’s “a-g” course list.</p>

<p>But based on what the UC website says… CC courses do get an extra point.</p>

<p>Sorry, I didn’t realize that. </p>

<p>I’d focus on raising your GPA through regular HS classes. CC classes certainly help your application, but if they significantly raise your GPA from what it is without them, I wouldn’t consider it the same as having the same GPA through AP classes. Make sure the CC classes you take are academic, rather than in subjects like pottery etc.</p>