California Residency for Tuition Purposes

So I created an account just to ask these questions… >~<

My parents immigrated to the U.S., but only my father was able to become a U.S. Citizen. You could call my mother an illegal immigrant.

I was answering the California Residency questions for UC San Diego, and when asked about my parents’ California residency status, I put my father as a U.S. Citizen but didn’t know what to put for my mother’s status.

The options:
US Citizen
Permanent Resident (Green Card)
Permanent Resident application filed and pending
Foreign Student (F-1) visa
Visa
No Status
Does not intend to enter the US

So I have the following questions (some of which might be glaringly dumb and paranoid, especially #2, #3, and #7):

1. If my mother is an illegal immigrant, which option do I choose for her?
  2. Can UC check immigration records or reach out to the related federal body to confirm status of parents?
  3. Can UC knowing/finding out that your parents are illegal immigrants lead to them being deported?
  4. How will one parent not being legal affect my “California Residency for Tuition Purposes”?
  5. What else can UC do with this residency knowledge?
  6. Do all the UC’s ask these California residency questions? I made four other UC portals already but wasn’t linked to these questions anywhere on my portal page (as far as I can see).
  7. Can UC share the residency statuses of me and my parents with other UCs? With federal agencies (or whatever federal body) related to immigration and deportation??

I’m not the right person to answer your questions but if it makes you feel better, everyone received those surveys. And so far, only UCSD has asked those questions. I don’t remember any schools (including UCSD) asking those questions 3 years ago.