Campus Visit - Scheduling Conflict Issue > Honors College

My wife and son (HS junior) are visiting VT over spring break. Because of a scheduling conflict they can’t go on the campus tour and the honors college information session which is only given twice a week . They could always do a self guided tour but would miss out on what the guide would add. Can anyone advise us on what they would recommend? None of us are familiar with the campus. We live about 3 hours away so it could be a lot worse but he would like to get everything done in one day. They will have a full day on campus starting at 8:00 in the morning. Can anyone that has been in the honors college information session add input?

1:15 – 1:45 Honors College Hillcrest Hall
1:00 – 2:00 Tour Buress Hall

@Windows16 Did you visit yet? Curious which tour you chose and how it went.

@STEM2017 - visit is next Friday the 14th

@Windows16

Ok, we are going down for Hokie Focus this weekend. We will sit for the Honors presentation. I’ll try to remember to circle back to give you our thoughts - check back with me if I forget.

My wife and son are missing the honors college meeting to take the tour. I would love to hear your thoughts on the honors college presentation you heard.

The Honors College session at Hokie Focus was just ok. Nothing special. But it was fine. The administrator of the college spoke and had 4 students up with him to answer questions.

Honestly, I didn’t learn anything new but I am still very impressed with Honors. Lots of smaller classes, priority registration, and research opportunities.

My son has the choice whether or not to join. I think he will be joining.