Can a minor be in a different college than the major?

Is it possible for a student to pursue a major in the College of Science and a minor in the College of Agriculture? I can’t find any info on the website about whether the major and minor must be in the same college. Thank you.

I believe if you have room to meet all the pre-reqs and requirements you can minor in an area out of college.

Here’s the college of ag link: College of Agriculture - Purdue University - Acalog ACMS™ The available minors and requirements are listed.

Where I think there could be issues is being able to fit everything in to graduate on time, and getting into the necessary pre-reqs.

IMO, this would be a good question to ask your regional admissions person.

1 Like

Thank you!! Will do.

Yes. You just need to figure out what the impact might be on graduation timing, as you need to meet both sets of requirements.

As of now, my daughter is double majoring in CS and AI (Science) and minoring in Film and Video Studies (Liberal Arts).

My older daughter graduated Engineering (Engineering) and Entrepreneurship (It’s own, non-Engineering, program).

1 Like

Great! Glad to know it is possible. Son wants to combine physics with plant science, since there doesn’t appear to be a specific biophysics degree.