Can anyone give me some info about Colorado College?

<p>Is there grade deflation/inflation there? How tough and stressful is it academically? I want a good school with good academics, but I also want to be able to breath. Is the workload similar to most other colleges and unis and do they use a curve or anything when grading?</p>

<p>Students tend to be very relaxed at this school. Do not worry about academic pressure as CC has an unusually low stress environment & laid back atmosphere. Beautiful location. Lots of short breaks--long weekends after each 3.5 week term.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the reply. I just have a couple more questions. Does the fact that you only focus on one class and get through it all in 3.5 weeks make the workload especially heavy? How hard is it to get good grades there? I intend to go into medicine and so I need really good grades, but don't want to have to resort to just taking "easy classes" to get those good grades.</p>

<p>This page has a lot of general information about Colorado College and a Question and Answer section as well : Colorado</a> College - Colorado Springs, Colorado</p>

<p>Uh-oh, sounds like a school where you live and breathe studying for four years</p>

<p>Organic chemistry will eat you but it won't be more than what, 2 blocks? 4 blocks? Remember after every 3 1/2 weeks you get 4 days to play while your professors grade. But if you are a major procrastinator you may suffer.</p>

<p>The block breaks sound amazing....I am just worried about the in between times because I tend to be a perfectionist and if I don't get A's I get really stressed and overwhelmed and I don't want to have to study for hours every night just to try to squeak out a B</p>

<p>Can you give me any advice on the block essay for the application?</p>

<p>See this:</p>

<p>Colorado</a> College - College Reviews - The College Search - AdmissionsAdvice.com</p>

<p>As a 1983 CC graduate (and sister of an '80 graduate) I can tell you that the block plan is very intensive and can be pretty difficult, but you do totally immerse yourself in the subjects that you take, and it is also rewarding in the relatively intimate rapport you establish with your professors; it is an excellent calendar system in general for field-based courses or lab-oriented courses as well, to say nothing of fine arts and languages. Although you are expected to absorb a year's worth of material in 3-1/2 to 7 weeks (some courses run 2 blocks), you have the time to do it, and you also have plenty of time left over to do other social, athletic, cultural and recreational things as you like. If you are structured and disciplined with your time, and like throwing your undivided attention into something, then this might be a good place for you. Their athletic facilities are not bad, and I understand that they have built a brand new fine arts center (which the last "new" one was pretty nice itself, 25 years ago) along with numerous other campus improvements, so they do have the capital to continually improve the campus. I LOVED my years there and remain loyal to it, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to explore their subjects in depth. The faculty is terrific for the most part and my own anthropology major provided me with some pretty memorable field study experiences.</p>