Can counselors see your college list on common app

I know recommenders can see the list of schools I apply to but what about counselors? my counselor is known for discouraging people for context I was talking to her about college fly in programs and how I was applying for Dartmouth bound, she blatantly told me no. I didn’t listen and applied and I got in. I am a risk taker and don’t want to keep thinking about what if I applied to this school

1 Like

I’m not sure why you are asking this question, as you have already committed to a college.

Yes, they can see the schools you apply to. They have to upload recommendations and send colleges their school profile and transcripts.

1 Like

I don’t know about visibility on common app (hopefully others will chime in). But if your school uses Naviance to manage transcripts, letters of rec, etc then your counselor can see your list of schools there.

Please clarify…did you get accepted to Dartmouth Bound…or have you been accepted to Dartmouth college to start soon.

But to your question. Yes, your counselor can see where you are applying…but that doesn’t mean you can’t apply there.

Dartmouth bound is a fly in program for high school seniors. I did not get into Dartmouth just their fly in program

never said I committed to a college. Dartmouth bound is a fly in program for high school seniors hosted by Dartmouth. I did not get into Dartmouth just their fly in program

Thank you for that clarification. A poster above thought you had committed to a college.

I hope you can work with your counselor to craft a well varied list of colleges that include reaches (like Dartmouth) as well as others.

Good luck and enjoy the fly in.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.