Can not move beyond the verify your user ID part one

Having major glitching on the fafsa site. Can not sign my form because it won’t accept my user id/ whatever they choose to call it. The form refuses to go on to part 2, does not accept foreign mobile numbers, does accept foreign countries but keeps returning to saying the country is the USA for residence, even though I edit it. As soon as I edit, and it is right, I go to continue, but it only brings me right back to the same page. My D tried yesterday, and got the same problem. I am totally frustrated and now late for a couple of schools. This process has been super stressful, because finances are not my thing at all, I had filled the css report in in euros, and continued on the fafsa, but realized I had to do it in $, so had to start over…got to the end and ran into this crazy loop problem. Just want to cry.

Did you complete the FAFSA earlier & are now coming back to make a change? My responses depend on knowing this. Also, are you a US citizen? Again, responses depend on your answer.

As far as address goes, here is information on entering a foreign address: Federal Student Aid. Leave the phone blank, since it won’t accept a foreign number.

I am not sure I understand the residence question. Which section is that in? I am doing a sample FAFSA & I am not encountering any issues with residence. Just make sure to choose foreign country for state.

Problem solved! Spoke to an agent for over an hour and she figured out my mistake. Obvious, but not, the old switch of day and month in placement by US vs EU…I feel dumb, but not before it almost killed me.