Can SAT Subject Tests be used to meet UC/CSU A-G requirements?

Hello,

1. Will UC/CSU admissions take into consideration SAT subjects tests for A-G course requirements?
  2. How would this impact the GPA calculation? Which SAT subject score is considered as A or B or C?
  3. Is minimum SAT subject score acceptable towards meeting 1-year of requirement?
  1. Here is a link for the a-g course requirements, the SAT subject tests that fulfills the requirements and their score that will qualify for credit.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/requirements/a-g-requirements/index.html

1. If you use SAT subject tests to fulfill some of the a-g course requirements and you have no grades for these courses, then these will not contribute to your UC/CSU GPA.
  2. Minimum scores are posted on the link provided above.

@Gumbymom, Thank you very much. I have a unique situation and would like to ask you a few more questions. How can I send you private message?

@NG2019: You need to have 15 posts before you can PM me or any other CC posters. I can send you a PM with my private email if that works for you.

I have a D in AP physics semester-1 and a C in semester-2. I plan to take the SAT Physics Subject test and wondering if this can be helpful to meet UC/CSU A-G course requirements.

Sure. that would be helpful as I like to run my transcript by you for my chances at UC/CSU schools.

If you plan to take the Physics SAT subject test, it will not replace the D or C in the class and these grades will still be included in the CSU/UC GPA calculation unless you repeat the 1st semester to replace the D. However doing well in the SAT subject Physics could help validate your knowledge of the subject.

I would repeat the 1st semester if possible to replace the D.

Thank you. Unfortunately the school does not allow me to take the repeat the semester 1 of my AP physics class as I got a C in the second semester and that validates the course from the school point of view.

Unfortunately, UC’s do not allow 2nd semester validation of science classes. You cannot retake the class on-line?

I was told that the science courses are Laboratory courses and online science courses do not meet the requirements