Can you stand one more pathetic plea to "chance me"?

<p>My Mom is the pathetic one and bugging me to do this, so please chance me and get her off my back!!!!</p>

<p>ethnicity: White/Female
school: Well regarded public school in far NW New Jersey (top 2 students last year got into Harvard and MIT)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.96/4.30
Ranking: School does not rank except for top 2. I am either #2 or #3 out of 402
SAT I: 2100 (CR 670 W 740 M 690) Got very sick night before which stunk!
SAT II: Bio 790 Chem 770 Math II 720
AP: Total of 11
Soph:Physics B(4)/U.S. History(4)
Junior: Calc ab(5)/Bio(5)/Lang and Comp(4)/World History(5)
Senior: Chem/Env. Science/Calc bc/Lit and Comp/French
All other classes honors, hardest schedule permitted.
Took College Algebra course at local college btw. 10th and 11th grade to jump ahead in math and got A.</p>

<p>EC:
IDI (Inform Defend Improve) Biology Club
President- grade 12 (9th 10th 11th 12th grade)
Science League (10th 11th 12th grade)
Math League (12th grade)
Mini-MORT (FIRST LEGO Robotics Team) Team Member then Mentor (9th 10th grade)Debate Team (9th 10th 11th 12th grade)
2007 Championships 2nd Place Negative Team
2007 Overall Season 2nd Place Negative Team
Gay-Straight Alliance (11th 12th grade)
Treasurer- grade 12</p>

<p>National Honor Society (11th 12th grade)
Mount Olive World Language Honor Society - French (10th 11th 12th grade)
Tri-M Music Honor Society For Violin and Double Bass (11th 12th grade)
Girl Scouts--Silver Award/Working on Gold Award
Mount Olive Press (9th 10th 11th grade)
Church Choir (Age 6-present)</p>

<p>Mount Olive Swim Team (9th 10th 11th 12th grade) Mt. Olive Varsity Award 05-06,
06-07, 07-08 seasons
Flanders Valley Swim Team (9th 10th 11th 12th grade)</p>

<p>150+ volunteer hours</p>

<p>Awards:
Bausch & Lomb Honorary Science Award 2008
New Jersey Governor’s School on the Environment 2008
AP Scholar with Distinction Award 2008
SUMO Invitational Orchestra 2008</p>

<p>I believe you will be accepted and offered a hefty merit award!!</p>

<p>In and very hefty merit...DS was no where near you and got basically a full ride...make sure you check into their scholarship programs for merit</p>

<p>This is anything but pathetic. you're overqualified for Miami, look into other schools as well and use Miami as a safety. You seem like you want a Premed track, look into Emory, WashU, John Hopkins, Duke, UNC Chapel Hill, Vanderbilt, etc.</p>

<p>I am majoring in Biology and want to go into Marine Biology. I was deferred from Cornell, still hoping to get in but need other options.</p>

<p>Oh in that case, Miami Rosenstiel's school ( I spelt it wrong I think) is one of the BEST! I have a few friends in Marine Biology. But some other schools that are prestigious for Marine Biology are UCSD, University of Hawaii, UCSC, UCLA</p>

<p>I already applied to UCSD. I am just afraid they will not give me a cent in aid and think that Miami would possibly do so.</p>

<p>Yeah,</p>

<p>That's definitely true. you will receive ALOT more merit and financial aid from UM because of all the alumni and they're grants than you will for UCSD, because it's a struggling UC school that must accommodate the huge instate ratio, who don't even get scholarship.</p>