Case Western Reserve Class of 2023 EA Results Thread

I AM FREAKING OUT

@banyanyach Yes, I had missing financial information and they reached out to me and were very cooperative.

my app says i have missing financial aid stuff but i got no emails or anything

@Azleah Not seeing anything can you paste your info here

and the office is closed now, do u think it will be okay if i reach out tmrw?

Accepted with 15K per year - 1510 - engineering- international

WHAT TO DO IM MISSING A FINANCIAL AID FORM

Deferred EA

PA resident, need base grant.

3.7 GPA UW 1520 SAT
APs: Bio, Stats, Cal, Phy, Psych, German, Econ, US History, Gov.

Good luck to all. Case was my 1st choice.

Accepted!!! w 20k per year
1410 sat
4.4 weighted
lots of ECs, including starting my school’s debate team & playing two varsity sports for 4 years— I definitely think it was my ECs that got me in!
So so so excited!! Congrats to everyone that got accepted!!

My S denied BME. 1450 SAT, 3.9 UW/4.3W; 4 AP’s, 15 college dual enrollment courses through senior year. 14yo. Skipped 7th, 9th, 11th. Should have been a hook but maybe it hurt him because he is so young with almost 2 years of college done come May. Tons of EC - sports, tutor business and community service. I don’t get it. We unfortunately couldn’t visit as we are too far away so probably didn’t help him. Not his top choice but not applying IVY’s either. Congrats to everyone who got in.

Accepted
3.4 gpa at a top20 HS (ridiculous upward trend, 2.7,3.2,3.8,3.9, everything unweighted)
ACT 36
SATII 800,800
(edit: never visited)

accepted 25k/yr for engineering
1580 SAT
3.9 UW
APs: bio, bc calc, physics C, Lit and comp, CompSci
ECs: sailing, made website w/ math game, self-tutoring liner algebra, VR startup internsip
from Ohio

good luck to everyone!!

Accepted!
1440 SAT
4.0 unweighted/ 4.4 weighted

Demonstrated Interest:
Campus Tour (from the West Coast)
Local Information Session

@qwertyuipop @Gjessi2020 when i clicked the link, it said my indicated interest was accounting. Before I sent the application in, I remember I was stuck between choosing accounting or being undeclared, but I guess I put accounting. The letter also said it gave me admission in the Weatherhead School of Management’s Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program, which i didn’t even know existed. Maybe it only indicates major for only certain types of majors?

same! high key happy about it

rejected
30 ACT superscore
3.34 UW GPA

Really strong EC’s - International and National academic placements

Really sad by this :frowning:

@azleah I can’t seem to find the link you’re talking about. Is it on my main applicant portal page?

@microdrop18 When you click status check and see that you got accepted, scroll down and the link “December 20, 2018” will be in blue font.

Congrats to those who got admitted to the Class of 2023. For those who are deferred, and if you are 100% certain you would attend CW if the school admits you, make sure you let the admissions office know (contact a regional officer via email etc), be persistent but don’t be an annoyance. One thing different it seems w/ this year’s letter is the intended major of study. Last yr, in our son’s letter, the major of study was not indicated. Just wondering if the University is modifying its admissions to accommodate a more diverse set of interests ((instead of 40% premed, 40% engineer and then the rest…)

I was speaking on a panel a couple weeks ago w/ couple of parents from our kids’ fmr HS (to help HS juniors to prep for the process), and we all thought this college admission game is getting very hard to predict. One year, the schools may look for kids w/ high stats who can do full pay while another year, they could be in favor of the lower social-economic ladder kiddos get the upper hand (from stats and able to pay standpoint). One thing we did talk about was how the upper tier of colleges now favor kids to have “solid evidence” that they would start things on their own - like starting a movement, organizing people for a cause, building up a small business etc… the days where your resume have all those leadership position in clubs etc and expect the magic are clearly over - at least with the sample of schools (CWRU included) we talked about… look at a couple of posts, it seems to validate this “starting something” evidence. These things are important. For those who have yet to submit the application for RD and EDII and if you have something like that on your resume, make sure you highlighted those.

I got a few calls for help with kiddos the class below my son’s wrt to their CW application. As far as I know so far, out of the 4 kiddos, two got in w/ merit scholarships, and the other two were deferred. The two defers were both intended for engineering - Chem E and BME, while the two got in were biology and nursing majors.