Case Western Reserve Class of 2023 EA Results Thread

@NovaMom93 Do you have any clue what time? Some schools do 6, some are later at 8.
I’ve noticed that a lot of people with good scores are getting deferred, and that makes me a little nervous. It’s one of my top 4, but of course there’s no way for them to know that. Applying MechE!

I just called too. They said probably Wednesday, but mentioned it is even possible it will be Thursday or Friday. But they are aiming for Wednesday. And they apologized for the confusion.

@qwertyuipop I believe last year’s results showed up at 8pm EST. I’m a little worried about yield protection too. My D has high stats, visited Cleveland last Spring, and genuinely loves CWRU. But, I’ve read about past cycles where lots of kids were deferred. UGH

Thanks for following up with the office and posting here.

@NovaMom93 Similar situation. Good luck to your daughter!! What major is she interested in? I live in New England so it’s wasn’t so easy to visit, but I did go do a tour and an interview so hopefully that’s enough for demonstrated interest.

@qwertyuipop She’s interested in bioengineering - ya know, not that popular right now, lol. You’re lucky you got to interview! She did not interview at the Open House (it was a whirlwind of a day and opted to go to more sessions), and requested an alumni interview last September…which led to no where, despite asking twice. Anyway, what can you do.

We never know decisions can come anytime holding my breath unable to bear this tension of long wait and every minute is going slow :frowning:

Well, just got an email confirming it’s the 19th!

Did y’all just get this email?

"I’m writing this quick note to let you know how and when we plan to provide admission decisions to students who have applied to Case Western Reserve University under the Early Action or Early Decision I plans.

We expect to send Early Action and Early Decision I applicants an email providing a link to the secure webpage with their admission status on Wednesday, Dec. 19. We will begin sending these email notifications around 8 p.m. EST. Students who applied for financial aid will also be able to see their financial aid package online at that time.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission via email at admission@case.edu."

@atlutd YES!

@atlutd yep!

48 hrs to go

Aw man, if I start counting down now I’ll have ulcers by the time we get there.

Good luck!!

Re: Alumni Interviewers

There has to be alumni interviewers in your area and they have to be able to do it. I have had times where there were like 25 students I could do, but that was too much with my schedule. So I try to do my best. Don’t worry, it is not required!

@bopper thanks

Will we find out about merit scholarships with the admissions decision on Wednesday?

@sevenbabies, Yes, based on last year’s thread, people find out about admission and merit at the same time.

Example:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/case-western-reserve-university/2039096-case-western-class-of-2022-ea-thread-p14.html

I didn’t receive the email about the new date for admission results. Did anyone else not receive it? Hope it is not a sign my son was rejected.

@JeanneAP please check your span folder, that was informational email you should have got it