Case Western Reserve Class of 2023 EA Results Thread

I actually called the admissions dept to see if the email was something that warranted at least some sort of response or acknowledgment from the student - perhaps a final opportunity to express interest for someone on the cusp!? I just could not shut that nagging voice up and called the poor admissions dept!

Anyway, I was assured that no response was needed and that they sent it out because they were getting so many calls from people concerned who thought the absolute date was 12/17 instead of “on or about” as in the column header on their website.

They said they sent the email to all applicants and their parents were copied and the only purpose was to hopefully reduce stress during the last couple of days.

I felt bad having called after hearing that, but I felt much better after hearing it, too, so thought I’d share.

@JeanneAP My son didn’t receive it either. Checked spam. No email.

It came around 8.40 pm yesterday titled “Decision Notification Plan”… The email came to the candidate and parents… Perhaps you didn’t provide your email addresses?

The email we got was to my daughter and ccd to me as parent.

However, for some reason, she didn’t get the email and it’s not in her spam folder. We use the same email provider and her email address is correct on the email we are cced on. Not sure what the problem was.

I tell you this because if you didn’t receive it, maybe the email was glitchy and you not getting it is not necessarily a bad sign.

Cool, thanks. I’ll not worry about it!

What does worry me (a lot) is looking through the 2022 EA results thread and seeing all the high-stats students who “did the right things” and got deferred.

This college admissions so-called “process” is Quite An Experience. Best of luck to all!

Some colleges defer over qualified students so in case they have other offers they would accept over case western so their yield rate is higher i wouldn’t be too worried!!

Also I hope everyone gets the result they are hoping for

23 hours to go

I wasn’t able to visit the campus due to location (mainly a money issue). However, I did request an interview but was never contacted. Since I wanted to interview and wasn’t contacted, do you think Case will hold this against me?

@jsh323 I don’t think they would. It is not your fault that there were no alumni available in your region.
THey realize some people can’t visit until after they are accepted.

Dear all.
Today is the day which we decide whether we will be able to study or not at Case Western. We have long awaited since November 1st and Im sure everyone is really nervous, as am i. For those who case is the top choice I hope you get it , but remember you can always apply to other schools RD and transfer later, its not the end dont give up. Everything happens for a reason. LETS GET EXCITED THIS IS BIG

12 more hours! But you got a Likely Letter, so you should be fine, right @div3athelete?

@atlutd Case sent out Likely Letter (LL) for EA/ED? I thought these letters are typically sent out to athlete applying for regular decision. LL is an official letter from the school admission office. An email/text/letter from the coach with the promise that they will try their best to get you admitted is not LL. I may be wrong. Can you show me the letter? Thanks.

@jujuhomo I read earlier in this or another thread that @div3athelete got a LL by mail but I know of an athlete who got a LL email from admissions.

11 Hrs to go !! so nervous

9.5 hours to go

hey, do you guys know if the admission notice is on the portal or does it only get accessed through an email they send?

There will be an email according to the email sent the other night, but I am sure that this board will light up like, a college bar at 230am, as soon as something goes out ?

@Proudmom2023 do u think that the email is the only way to access their decision?

The applicant portal will be updated with the status and then the email will be sent with a link to the portal. You can log into the portal directly as well and check the status update. That’s how it happened for my brother 2 years back. Anxiously waiting for my decision now. :slight_smile: