Case Western Reserve Class of 2023 EA Results Thread

Good Luck to everyone !!!

Accepted to Michigan as well! I didn’t even expect them to come out today, was super surprised when I checked my portal since everyone was talking about it.
But I love smaller schools like Case, so I’m really hoping for some good news. Good luck to everyone!

Please do share your stats on this thread whether you get in or not so next year’s class has info

A couple of years ago my ds was deferred at Case. He had high stats (maybe too high) and good ECs. Case sent him an update he had to fill out, including answering a question asking if he was still interested in Case. He was admitted RD (but chose to attend elsewhere). If you are deferred this evening, remember that many of the deferrals will be admitted RD. Good luck, all!!

@aprototype lol I got deferred from UMich as well… oof

Hope Case comes thru!!

@equationlover what’s a LOCI? I heard it thrown around a few times in the Michigan forum…

Pretty sure they’re referring to a letter of continued interest.

Does anyone know if Case sends an acceptance mailing soon after portal update? My son is old school and likes to see the letter in the mail box instead of checking online. Don’t know how he has the patience for that…

Last year (Case EA 2022 thread) they said the letters came quite a bit later. I would check online if he can because otherwise it might be stressful to not know for at least a week if they’re in. But who knows, they might come earlier this year :slight_smile:

lol forgot to send my scores or even self-report

they have my 1400 from the first test that i took, so this isn’t looking good

decisions come out tomorrow. they postponed them again

just got the email that they will be putting off EA/ED notifications until Thursday at 8:00 PM

lmao delayed

They pushed the decision date to tomorrow, same time (8pm)

Update: they’re sending them out tomorrow at 8pm EST :frowning:

Ugh! Some of you said you didn’t get the last email about timing, so here’s the text of the email my son just received:

"Yesterday I wrote to you regarding our intention to release admission decisions later this evening for candidates who applied under the Early Action and Early Decision admission plans.

Unfortunately, we find that we need a little more time to be absolutely sure applicants’ decisions, scholarships and financial aid packages are correct.

We are therefore rescheduling decision release for Early Action and Early Decision admission until 8 p.m. Eastern Thursday, December 20. At that time, applicants will receive an email providing a link to the secure webpage with their admission status. Students who have submitted the FAFSA and CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE also will be able to see an estimated financial aid package online.

I truly regret holding you in suspense even for another day, but I hope you would understand that ensuring the accuracy of your decision is deserving of some extra time, and I sincerely appreciate your understanding."

yes another 24hrs wait

Delay Maniac XD

So what started as “on or around the 17th” has now been postponed twice… these schools gotta get their stuff together

Man, deferred from two schools and now Case decisions delayed (again). Next thing you know I won’t get an answer until next school year