Case Western Reserve Class of 2027 Official Thread

Okay! Thank you.

Does everyone get an interview? We just had ours. Not sure if it matters at all. My daughter was very tied that day so I am not sure she did her best…

My kid is getting an uptick in emails
She already visited, did an interview . It’s a top choice
Does she still need to watch more zooms :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

EXACTLY!! We drove from east coast for a tour last fall. Been on multiple zoom calls. Im sorry, but cant ED for fear of being saddled with $86k/y commitment!

2 Likes

Just for other parents (parents of kids who might be considering Case Western next year or later): Case Western has nonbinding Early Action as well as Early Decision. A friend’s kid got in EA this year with a pretty big scholarship; it’s among his top choices. Still waiting to hear from a few.

I believe @FXdad20232025’s kid was deferred from EA, so this may be a sore point for this particular poster.

2 Likes

Our son applied EA for engineering last year and received an automatic merit award equal to 50% of tuition. Many others posting on CC received similar awards. It appears that CWRU is generous with merit awards for strong students.

:shushing_face: i didnt think i complained THAT much to be remembered!

I feel case western sent out a lot of marketing material. Both emails and fliers. Compared to other schools.

2 Likes

Is it important to show interest? We haven’t registered any online event. I keep getting emails so wonder if we should do something to show interests.

Demonstrated interest is marked under the “considered” column on their common data set. So if you’re able to go to an online session I recommend you do.

Thanks!! Will do.

1 Like

When does CWRU typically notify students about music scholarships and essay scholarships?

3 Likes

I did see that, but I know that a lot of people don’t read up a whole thread.

I know that FXdad20232025’s kid might not be considering CWRU after being deferred (my friend’s kid feels the same way about USC) but I’m wishing them good luck anyway!

I have the same question. I thought they were meant to notify applicants about the essay scholarships yesterday?

I’m curious too - what made you think they’d notify earlier this week?

Someone told me they release notifications for finalists on March 1

I just talked to an admissions officer on the information session. She said notifications for essay-written scholarships would come around RD time which is March 18th.

3 Likes

Thanks for asking and sharing the answer!

1 Like

no problem!

3 Likes