Case Western Reserve Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son was deferred from EA to RD. We are trying to get admitted student visits scheduled for any colleges that are still on his possibility list. He is only waiting on admits from CWRU and Syracuse, which hasn’t even posted its admitted student visit days yet (they’ll occur all through April).

If we wait until CWRU admissions decisions come out (~ March 18), that doesn’t leave much planning time to schedule his visit during the most convenient time (his spring break).

So I signed him up for an admitted student visit, and everything went through just fine. I think I recall that in January he was blocked from signing up for admitted student visits. I’ll wait on the hotel til later.

I am curious about why they are allowing non-admitted students to register for these. Either there’s some portal astrology happening, or they are trying to give people more lead time on travel planning.

Is everyone else here (who wants to visit) waiting for admission before scheduling, or are y’all booking visits?

1 Like

i’ll be waiting for admissions. someone else in another thread also talked about not being able to book a student event when they were deferred but once they were accepted they were able to book for the student event and it let them submit in their information versus the first time when it wouldn’t let them submit their information

1 Like

Interesting, I can also sign up for admitted student events. On slate.org, it says that my CWRU application is complete and they’re waiting to send my decision out. Who knows if it means anything.

1 Like

Mine doesnt say any of that. It is definitely a good sign for you. Are you in state?

Where do you guys sign up for admitted student event?

If you sign into your portal, there will be a “visits & events” tab up top. We just clicked on that and then the “admitted student programs” button.

1 Like

Oh…I can’t log into the portal…sigh…

On slate, our application is in the complete stage but the status is “in review” now I am afraid that is not good since it is pretty close to 18th…our interviewer is a senior student, usually the interviewer is an alumni, so that is different with case western.

has anyone else barley been getting emails from case?? i know last year around the decision date they slowly started stop sending emails

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been receiving like daily emails for months then nothing the past week. I was wondering if maybe it meant they rejected me, lol.

4 Likes

I believe decisions are coming out 3/18. Seem to recall the same events during EA…flood of emails and then nothing. Good luck all.

4 Likes

nope, out of state

Same here!

1 Like

Best wishes to everyone tmr❤️

9 Likes

hello! i can register for an admitted student visit too, does that mean something?

wait how do you do that? trying to see if i can, too…

hi again! i googled “case western reserve university admitted students day,” clicked on link “go case portal admit-programs” then chose random date, entered my credentials, and saw “Thank you for registering for our Admitted Student Program. A confirmation email has been sent to (my email).”

I did that a while ago. I’m not reading into it.

I’m not either (not exactly), but anything to pass the time.

3 Likes

yes me too, but i saw on some old reddit threads that some people got “only accessible to students admitted to cwru”