Case Western Reserve Class of 2027 Official Thread

I didn’t get at email but there was still an update in my portal!

1 Like

I got admitted with the University Scholarship :laughing:

Check the portal. Last year my daughter’s email came five hours after her portal updated with her ED2 acceptance.

1 Like

Any idea if there are any updates today on the scholarship competitions (arts, leadership, Treuhaft, Squire, etc.)?

4 Likes

Waitlisted.

But the letter said they have ended up admitting about 300 off the waitlist the last few years - that’s about 20% of the class! So D23 is hopeful. They talk about being careful to not over-admit, since they guarantee housing for all; but it also feels alot like protecting their yield #'s.

That being said, she definitely wants to visit - the only school above CWRU remaining is Wesleyan (no answer til next Saturday), and depending on the “vibe” from a visit it could go either way.

Hopefully doing a visit AFTER being waitlisted will demonstrate “extreme” interest?

3 Likes

How much is the university scholarship? Is it the same amount for everyone who received it?

Admitted with University Scholarship.

1 Like

My child is a 2nd year at CWRU and there has been a housing availability issue for upper class students. They have been growing their first year class size the last few years. New dorms are being built, I think ready for 24-25 school year so it is probably some yield protection and some housing concerns.

4 Likes

I think it varies, mine was 35k

1 Like

My son was accepted with scholarship and honors. This one was totally off the radar for us, but he picked it with some friends. We are from CA. Seems like a wonderful school. Does anyone know what the area is like around the school? We are waiting for the big reach schools and then we will possibly visit.

2 Likes

i’m from the area! cwru is in university circle which is a really nice area (museums, cleveland orchestra, botanical gardens) and is near little italy and a lot of good cheaper restaurants. it is very close to east cleveland which isn’t a great area, but there’s a lot of security and police, and as long as you pay attention and don’t wander too far off campus it’s not an issue.

2 Likes

yeah, it feels like some yield protection, while being VERY careful not to over-admit and have a housing issue. A tough balance for sure - just wish they were working it out without involving the WL for MY kid LOL

2 Likes

Have you heard anything further?

Last year they waitlisted 30% of their applicants. Less than 4% of those were subsequently admitted.

Waitlists for UCs have a good chance. There will be so much movement once the kids all decide. My son is admitted to UCSD and UCD. Lots of kids have more than one and so it will move others up once they choose. I don’t know about CWR.

2 Likes

Wondering the same…

1 Like

Accepted. $32k scholarship. Where can I see what major my son got accepted ? I cant see the major on the decision letter.

CWRU admits to the university - they can freely change and study multiple majors as I understand it

4 Likes

The waitlist email said approximately 300 admitted from waitlist on average in past three years.

2 Likes

I think the University Scholarship is a need aware merit scholarship. So, it is awarded due to merit, but based upon your FAFSA and CSS profiles it may be higher or lower than someone else’s. I’m basing this on our award ($27,000) and on net price calculator results run for a couple of different scenarios…

2 Likes