Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

He’s applied to quite a few schools though really liked Case Western!

Hmmm, same (essential) boat as my son. I certainly don’t want to take anything away from those kids who were accepted but is perplexing.

Their deferral letter seems to really push the Early Decision II option. Seems like nowadays its ED or nothing.

3 Likes

Son rejected. 35 ACT superscore (34 otherwise), 4.48 weighted GPA, at least ten APs, two varsity sports, full pay.

Thank you, Rohangc…all day wasted my time waiting for Case EA results…not knowing that if we applied for PPSP than EA doesn’t hold true.

Accepted. 36 act, mediocre ecs, 4.324 gpa, 31k aid. Lots of people I know deffered :frowning:

4 Likes

My DD22 was also deferred, she’ll just do the RD round. It wasn’t her first choice but thought she’d try since we don’t live far. I think she’s more interested in their med school since they most likely won’t take any of her CCP courses. She’s already gotten into Miami and can graduate in 3 years there.

3 Likes

Yes an amazing personalized touch!

1 Like

1550 SAT/ GPA 9.6/10 multiple awards and olympiads in ECs. They didn’t defer, they rejected me. I’m not salty, just really disappointed

2 Likes

Deferred

Does anyone know how many people are deferred percentage wise?

1 Like

Deferred, 3.91UW/4.29W/1540/decent ECs

2 Likes

IDK, it could be. my friend also got deferred with similar stats as me

accepted- 40K university scholarship- we are thrilled

11 Likes

DD 22 got deffered
1540 SAT, gpa wt 4.0, unw 4.46, 8 APs , President of NHC and Science NHC
strong essay and recommendation letters , published research article in the science journal- high school edition.

1 Like

I had similar stats and was also deferred. So frustrating…

2 Likes

Deferred. 4.2 W, 1580, Decent EC’s

D22 was deferred. 34 ACT 3.95UW lots of APs, community college courses, Graduating in 3 years. 20 hours/week job in senior living where she was promoted and supervises a group of 7. Wants to major in gerontology and Case is one of few that offer it. Varsity sport, clubs, neuroscience internship, shadows surgeons at 2 hospitals. This is her top choice and we thought she would be in the sweet spot for Case but we need merit to make it happen so can’t risk ED. Not sure how she could have shown any more interest - interviewed, visited campus, did a local info session, several online sessions, opened all the emails. Wrote an update letter about a successful audition for a national honors choir that is being conducted by a Case alum - so clearly not a form letter that went to all her apps. Kind of disheartening to go to those lengths only to wait until end of March after submitting the app in September.

6 Likes

Its just strange … I am not sure what make of it …
so many people with an exellent stats got deffered…from Case …

2 Likes

Deferred with similar stats: 3.91 UW/4.36W/1510/ Leadership EC’s, incl at state level/ 7 AP + 2 post AP/ now 4 AP + 2 post AP

Will try RD, finger crossed for all the kids.