Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Case Western Reserve University offers both Early Decision and Early Action for freshman admissions.

This year, the Early Decision I (ED) deadline for Case Western Reserve is November 1.

This year, the Early Decision II (ED) deadline for Case Western Reserve is January 15.

Source

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 2. Last year, Case Western Reserve admitted 268 of the 687 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 39.01%.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Case Western Reserve is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 15. Last year, Case Western Reserve admitted 4,349 of the 13,696 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 31.75%. For more information visit the Case Western Reserve University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Case Western Reserve applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Case Western Reserve University? Why Case Western Reserve? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Case Western Reserve topics visit the case-western-reserve-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Case Western Reserve Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

Hi there!

Does anyone have any stats on the EA acceptance rate for Biomedical Engineering
at Case?

My son just applied EA …Im curious about his chances…

Hello, my D22 has applied to CWRU early action. Would love to have some discussion.

On November 1, she was contacted by someone at the university (probably from financial aid) asking her to clarify a discrepancy between the Fafsa and CSS Profile. They wanted a form completed quickly, and allowed her signature only since my husband and I were at the airport and were going on a trip. What I’m wondering is, since CWRU is need aware, do you think this is a good sign as far as admissions goes? Why would they care about her need/financial aid specifics if she wasn’t being considered?

Also, any thoughts on the academic environment being collaborative or competitive?

Admissions and FIn Aid operate independently.

@jpga13 , just at CWRU or everywhere? And if that’s the case, how can a school be need aware? Wouldn’t there have to be some collaboration before an admissions decision was made, by the nature of what need aware is?

What is the earliest an applicant for EA1 may hear regarding their acceptance? Does the school release acceptance results before the Dec.15/21 deadline?

@lliawood , decisions will all come out at the same time. I believe that Dec. date is stated in the portal and on their website

1 Like

@Iliawood I have monitored this forum for a few years and I never see results before the stated dates and usually they push it out a couple of days because they are so busy.

2 Likes

Do you know if any merit awards are given at the same time of admissions decisions? My son applied for one of the scholarships. Thanks!

There are “Automatic Consideration” merit scholarships and with those you would find out if he was admitted.

There is also “Scholarship Competitions” which you have to apply for and those you find out by April 1.

Great, thank you! He applied for one of the competitions.

Hello,
How much higher are acceptance rates for ED applicants overall? I read on CWRU’s website that nearly 80% of “admissable” applicants are admitted when they apply ED.

The 20-21 Common Data set says that there were 962 ED applicants and 366 were accepted.

Two thoughts:

1. Case’s latest Common Data Set, Section C21 says:

Number of early decision applications received by your institution 962

Number of applicants admitted under early decision plan 366

So that is a 38% acceptance rate for ED in the 2020/2021 cycle.

1. But also the head of Admissions says:

Is it easier to be admitted as an Early Decision applicant?

Here’s the reality: A large portion of our applicant pool is “admissible”—in other words, they represent the accomplishments, motivation and preparation we value. But we can only make so many offers of admission as we build our incoming class. There simply isn’t room on our campus for everyone we would like to admit. During the Early Action and Regular Decision processes, less than half of those “admissible” students make their way to being admitted. A much higher proportion of “admissible” Early Decision I and II applicants are offered admission - typically over 80%.

1 Like

So I think Bob is laying it on thick! 80% vs. 38% acceptance reality for ED??

Yes, the word “admissable” is doing a lot of work here.

2 Likes

@Winky1 @lll1 I think students think ED will give their numbers a boost…but clearly not as much as they think it would!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting those 2 published pieces of information!

2 Likes

@bopper , do you know if CWRU is still offering overnight stays for accepted students? Wondering how to get a closer feel for fit if D22 is accepted this month.

1 Like