Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Deferred, 3.85UW/4.48W/1520 decent ECs :sleepy:

Interesting, my daughter never saw anything about interviews.

Congrats to all who made it in.

https://go.case.edu/portal/video-interview I scheduled an interview using this website. I wasn’t sure if Case Western reserve had an interview, so I did some digging and found that they do interviews online. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks, surprising they do them now. She interviewed for another application and had to do it this past summer.

I’m a little confused. On case westerns official site it says tuition is 54k but in my financial aid notification it says tuition is 62k. an 8k spike in tuition???

1 Like

Congrats to all who were accepted! :tada:

D was Deferred: 3.95 uw, 10 AP’s, 1560 SAT, OOS (California), Interviewed.
She’s pretty bummed as she was really into the school, but she will be ok.

Good luck to all!

4 Likes

Other fees. Tuition is 54K

1 Like

Accepted. D. 4.4 weighted GPA, 3.8 unweighted. 9 APs. Great rec letters, robotics and robotics mentor, varsity HS athlete (but not recruited at case), part time job. Did not submit test scores. $26k scholarship.

Did interview and campus visit. Very personable for an engineering kid - I think that gave her a boost for sure.

6 Likes

Same. Toured. Interview. 3 online engineering sessions. More time spent with this school than any other. OOS. ACT 33. 4.75 W. He loves the programming and it is truly a super fit. Not sure what his app didn’t reveal but we won’t be risking ED2. Super disappointing but he has other great options that are bigger and we were really hoping for a smaller, very collaborative student body where he would truly find his people.

4 Likes

DH was questioning me about CWRU earlier this week. Our kid plans to major in engineering, which Case is known for, but they aren’t very highly ranked. This really surprised him. DD deferred by CWRU, but already accepted to two top 20 ranked engineering schools at a lower cost, if at full pay. I try not to put too much stock in rankings, but I’m not sure what they’re looking for. She prefers the size and location of CWRU, and will probably go ahead with RD. She really likes the school but not at full price, so won’t commit to ED2.

1 Like

Son also deferred. 5.0UW/5.7W. 1530 SAT, 12 APs (all 4/5s). Very good ECs. Did tour and interview, but financial aid info was late. He’s bummed to wait to RD. He did get into UM-Twin cities honors college with decent scholarship, but I think he favors CWRU.

So sorry - definitely their loss!

Deferred. 1550 SAT (800M, 750RW), good ecs, 4.24/3.82

so bummed, been crying so much :frowning:

Guess I’ll say more about my deferral.

3.85 UW, 1470 SAT at a top 5 boarding school in the US. Paid internship, tech research, president of 3 clubs, co-captain of robotics team, vice captain of debate team, 2 school leadership positions, MOSTEC summer program at MIT, playwright and executive for a theater festival.

I interviewed in June, talked to Case reps at 2 college fairs, did 2 info sessions, and emailed back and forth with AO. Not sure if I got deferred because of actual admissions stuff or lack of aid documentation (they denied my non-custodial parent waiver on FRIDAY…)

My son also deferred:

4.5 GPA; 1590 SAT; Strong ECs…

It is really crazy out there!

Dare I say they are pulling Tulane tactics of EDII?

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. Let yourself be sad tonight. Then tomorrow, pick yourself up and move forward. There is a great school for you out there.

5 Likes

What are Tulane tactics?

1 Like