Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

They accept 70 for interviews and only take about 20 of them for the PPSP program.

We always have questions hear about the PPSP process
can she share what happens and what the interviews are like etc?

Mine isn’t PPSP she is ED2 deferred from EA and just heard today that she was in.

1 Like

I got deferred from EA and applied to Ed2 but haven’t heard my decision yet. Any ideas when it’s gonna come out because I completed my application in Jan 6th and it has been more than 2 weeks

Did you look in your portal directly? My daughter and quite a few others heard today at noon when the PPSP decisions came out. Hers was also an EA deferral and everything was in by 12/31.

Yeah I just looked at my portal but nothing is there

My daughter wrote to her admission counselor last week to make sure everything was in place and nothing else was needed even though that is what we saw in the portal. She said yes and that it was under review and she would hear soon. She heard today. We also heard that someone else was told they would hear by Monday. Two weeks from the 15th when apps where due for those applying directly ED2 is now so I would think you would hear soon. Might as well contact your admission counselor to see they have everything. My daughter was also told they didn’t need her midyear for the decision but that all students need a midyear so please have her school fowarded. That is an fyi.

Sure @bopper for now figuring out how to schedule the PPSP interview

1 Like

Did you switch to ED2?

Yes. She did EA because she had never had the chance to see it. I flew her the day after EA came out to CWRU to see it and she left knowing it really was her first choice. She switched to ED2.

enaybody knows what % accepted EA from teh application pool?

EA is usually about the same as RD. The only advantage is that the college gives you an early notification of your admission status.

Hi,

Any updates on ED2?

Some of them are out, but unlike ED1 they aren’t all released together.

1 Like

Hi! My daughter received the interview invite for PPSP Dental. Does anyone have any insights into the format and content of the dental interviews so she can prep? Thanks!
@bopper ?

I have not seen any info on Dental PPSP
please post updates her for future students!

1 Like

So they don’t need a midyear report for ED2 students? I was just wondering because it was listed as required in my application list and if I would have to wait an additional two weeks on top of when my school finally sends them out to CWRU. FYI I’m a ED2 student who got deferred from EA so I was just wondering what happened with you guys and if it would be similar for me.

When my daughter wrote to ask if hers was complete it they needed the mid year report she was told that all students at Case need a midyear report but that her application was under review and would be determined soon. She was also told to go ahead and send it if the report was ready. Note that when she got referred she had asked to school to send along her first quarter grades to help her application. Everything of hers was updated before the first of the year and she heard this past Saturday. Her midyear report is being fisnihed by her HS this week and then sent along. It only appeared in the portal this week and after
Her decision. I know other schools typically do require a midyear before excepting from ED2. Emory is one of them. It’s interesting. Emory is sending ED2 out today. That means my daughter’s school would not be ready with the reports in time so not sure how that would have worked if she had been trying for there.

My suggestion would be to write to your admission counselor noting it now says the midyear report in your portal and asking if it is needed to make a decision. If anything if your is under review that action is a positive to CWRU. They do count interest in the process while other schools no longer do.

Good
Luck.

1 Like

Did it say in the admissions portal that her application was pending, or did it just look like this? If your daughter was accepted into CWRU before her midyear report, would it be safe to assume that they primarily use it to ensure students aren’t failing classes and at least maintaining their GPA?

It did not say pending or anything at all other than she was Switched from EA to ED2. It didn’t even list the midyear report until this week. They want it for all students including ED1 so yes it is used to track the student after. For RD it would be part of the actual decision. I don’t know if some ED2 students do have it reviewed as part of the file. I do know if they have it before it would then be a part of it like her first quarter grades were. Like I said because it was a bit confusing she wrote her admissions counselor and learned in her case it would not be part of the decision.