Caution - Alabama Credit Union (Especially OOS Families)

<p>You can usually buy rolls of quarters at grocery stores also. </p>

<p>Alabama credit Union is way way behind the times. There online sign up for online banking is absolutely horrible - it is an application that has to be approved manually. </p>

<p>Once my daughter gets over that hump I don’t care - I will do direct deposit from my paycheck to her account. If that doesn’t work I still have Wells Fargo which is located right off campus - her Wells Fargo is linked to my Wells Fargo account so I can transfer money immediately. </p>

<p>I wanted her to have fee free ATM withdrawal which is all the CU is to me. At 19 they will give her a low balance Credit Card which was my second objective - I wanted her to establish credit history.</p>

<p>If you are giving your child an allowance I recommend the direct deposit if your work allows it.</p>

<p>Just wanted to comment on the student credit card allowing them to establish a credit history. At 22, my son was able to apply for and sign a lease for his first adult apartment. He got the student credit card when he was a freshman, and we, his parents, didn’t have to provide any financial information for his apartment lease, student loans, or anything so far.</p>