CC Forums Migration: Known issues + Status Update

The emojis worked for me a couple days ago then stopped. It is strange… when I submit a post it shows the emoji for a second on the thread but then it goes away. I hear “I think I can, I think I can” in my head… but then nope.

The only way I can get a link to work is by having it on its own line rather than part of a sentence.

One more thing: I have to log out after every post and then log in again. If I try to post more than once without logging out and logging back in, I get a “429 error.”

I am not seeing this issue listed.

I see replies to posts multiple times as I am scrolling down a thread. I see the reply under the original post, then I see the reply again, sort of as a stand-alone, and sometimes I see the reply a third time, as I continue to scroll.

I don’t see any formatting that is indicating that I am seeing nested replies, for the duplicates. (So, I don’t think I am seeing a reply multiple times because others are replying to it.)

On a PC desktop, using Chrome. I am tracking the threads I read (blue bell).

1 Like

I see the double replies too. I think when people reply directly to a post it shows on the post but then also in the thread. Seems redundant.

Typing a reply on a phone is a challenge

Also I no longer see font choices in the reply box on my phone. Where did they go???

Posting history is important. For example, I can go find stats if they aren’t in a current post. Or see where accounts are shared…or what happened with a previous sibling in terms of financial aid.

Context…it’s all about context!

3 Likes

Will we be able to see who liked a post?

3 Likes

If you click on the 3 little dots, you can see their avatars. I’m not sure how it works if more than a few people like it.

I still see post 20 double posted.

Also screen still jumping a lot.

iPhone 11, updated, running chrome.

I will say the problems seem to be getting resolved on my laptop. I can’t handle the jumpy screen on phone though.

1 Like

To see who liked your post, click the number next to the heart.

Click once to see their avatars, twice to see their names.

Actually I asked about how to see who likes a post because there is no heart below some of my posts, so there is now way to see if anyone liked it. I like to gauge the value of my posts.

@CC_Sorin Is this a glitch or intentional?

I can click on the heart below other people’s posts which is also helpful in seeing how a thread is going.

Okay I think the answer is that the heart appears once someone likes your post!

When someone posts a link, it no longer opens a second tab but takes you to that other site instead of CC. In the old format, the CC tab would have remained and a second tab would open next to the CC tab. Can you change it back to the old format where a second tab opens?

There is a user configurable preference.

• Click your avatar or letter dot on the top right of any page here.
  • Click the person icon.
  • Click Preferences.
  • Click Interface.
  • Check “Open all external links in a new tab”.
  • Click Save Changes.

The URL to the place where you can see this option is probably something like:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/(first-letter-of-username)/(username)/preferences/interface
with (first-letter-of-username) and (username) replaced by yours.

1 Like

@ucbalumnus THANK YOU!!!

From a marketing/user retention perspective, I think it should default to the second tab so that people don’t get distracted on a second site and forget that they were on CC. Just my two cents.

Thanks again!

1 Like

two helpful suggestions: with links, have them open on new pages, so the readers isn’t taken away from the CC site. That’d be so helpful.

and I’m having problems with long threads, and finding the way to exit out of them. I can’t just hit forum at the top (it’s disappearing); but rather have to scroll, scroll, scroll upwards to get the choice for a different forum.

One thing I like. (maybe it’s my computer/brower?) when I go back to another page, it shows immediately. Before, it would load, then reload and always felt like I was wasting time with all the reloading. that’s over for me now. thanks

2 Likes

If I send a message to a new user, it does not show up in my Messages.

Will our avatar pictures be transferred? Also the site is not usable for me until bookmarks and pms are transferred over. That would seem to be a huge mistake to skip.

1 Like

I think you have to upload the image again for your avatar.