Chance for all UC's please

<p>California resident,
3.71 UC GPA
3.9 college weighted, strong upward trend (got a 4.57 in grades 2nd sem. junior year)
29 ACT
SAT Subjects: Bio M.-750, USH-750, Physics-750
AP scores: 5’s in Bio, World history, and European History; 4’s in US Hist., English Language, Art History, and Physics B</p>

<p>Schedule next year: AP[Chem,Lit,Gov,Econ,Physics B retake because I got a D first semester], and Honors math analysis and academic league, normal newspaper and normal academic decathlon</p>

<p>EC’s: did 250 hours of comm. service for a candidate of California’s Governor Race (for Phil Angiledes)
50 hours for a candidate running for state assembly
4th year of Academic Decathlon
4th year of Academic League(3 Varsity, 1 JV) captain of Varsity
3 years of humanities club (V.P. this year)</p>

<p>Depending on your family situation/income, which helps factor in how many points you receive, low reach/match for UCSD, and you should also be in for UCR, UCM, and UC Santa Cruz. UC Davis is becoming more competitive, however you can check their point values for admission - Freshmen:</a> Application Criteria for Selection Process</p>

<p>Clarification: UCSD and UCD do work on a point system, however I can't seem to find the UCSD one..</p>

<p>low income, first in family to go to college, also I think eligibility in local context</p>

<p>You should be in for UCSD, if I'm not mistaken - here's the link to calculating: UCSD</a> Freshman Comprehensive Review Process (Dec 2004) The point cutoff for last year was around 7700+ for admission, but you should still write your essays very well.</p>

<p>I think being an SD resident also gives you an edge for UCSD, but I'm not too sure..</p>

<p>I ended up calculating 10500/14250 on the recent one and I got 8696/11100 on the 2004 but I don't know how accurate that indicator still is. Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>Either way, both of them are way above what is required, so best of luck :D Hope I helped haha.</p>

<p>You got a D in physics? in what grade? that might affect your chances slightly. anyways, you scored well on the AP test.</p>

<p>US riverside-in
UCSC-in
UCSB-in
UCSD-match/low reach
UCD- in
UCLA-high high high reach
Berkeley-high high high reach
UC Merced- in
UCI-in</p>

<p>Do you really need to re-take Physics B since you earned a 5 on the AP test? You might want to pose this question to an admissions counselor. UC Davis has one who posts in the UCD forum.</p>

<p>UCB/UCLA - slight reach
UCSD - match
Everywhere else - safety</p>

<p>If you're ELC, low income, and first in family to go to college, that's really going to help your chances. The fact that your GPA has had an upward trend is also going to help.</p>

<p>^haha yeah I'm low income, ELC, and first in family</p>

<p>^ lol exactly</p>

<p>^lol oops I hadn't realized I'd already mentioned it XD</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>Ummm.... to the fact you got a D, UCSD typically will rescind or reject anyone who got a D. I remember a student who had a very high GPA (not quite sure what it was exactly) and he pulled a D somewhere and he had a 36 perfect score on the ACT but UCSD flat out rejected him. </p>

<p>For that biased reason (and the lower than average GPA), IMO UCSD is gonna be more of a reach school while UCB/UCLA will be very high reaches. </p>

<p>UCD/UCI/UCSB would be match schools
UCSC/UCR- more safeties</p>

<p>UCM- your backup if its just not a very bright month of march for you.</p>

<p>BTW my most rational advice would be NOT to rely on the counting of points and point-marks to determine your admission. Believe it or not there are other humanistic factors that tip scales BOTH ways.</p>

<p>I think it's if you get a D in an a-g course which physics usually counts as. But on my transcript it lists AP Physics as an elective since it was my 5th yearlong science course. However as a precaution I'll check all of this with my councilor(sp?) because I would hate to get rejected over something technical like that.</p>

<p>If it's not an a-g I dont think you even list in in your classes chart on the UC application. They will only take your A-g courses into consideration of your UC gpa. But yes talk with your counselor just to be safe. It would raise your chances significantly.</p>