***CHANCE FOR PURDUE ENGINEERING EA

Major: Computer Engineering
GPA 4.211 weighted (2 B’s 1 in AP Chemistry and 1 in Algebra 2)
SAT 1360 (710 math, 650 reading and language)
OOS (Virginia)
AP’s: AP Chemistry, AP European History, AP Computer Science, AP Language, AP Literature, and AP Government
Other Classes: All other classes are Honors if they were offered as honors
EC’s: Freshman year:
-Academic team
-Varsity Lacrosse
Sophomore Year:
-School newspaper
-Academic team
-Varsity lacrosse and captain
-(School did not offer NHS so I did not participate in that extra curricular)
Junior Year:
-Varsity Lacrosse
Virginia Boys State
-Crew Member at Wendy’s
Senior Year:
-Javaliers (a computer science team that competes in competitions across the U.S and in Virginia)
-Varsity Lacrosse
-Crew Member at Wendy’s

Throughout all of this time however I have done a lot of work with the marine corps, cooking dinners for thanksgiving for marines without their families, threw christmas parties, and worked with military families whos family members were stationed in foreign countries

I am a military family myself, so we have moved all over the country, which is why my junior year I had a lack of extracurricular, I switched schools, going from California to Virginia.

In my application I talked about some work I’ve done with the marine corps, and I also talked about how the SAT had caused me test anxiety, thinking it was an ultimatum for college, stressing me out every time I took it, causing my scores to be lower than they should.

My essay used cycling (a huge passion of mine) as an extended metaphor, talking about how cycling up a mountain is similar to the life of a military child, very strong essay.

My one concern is my math classes, the highest math I’ll take is Honors pre calculus this year because of the military. I moved to California in 8th grade and math changed to common core, meaning I had to stay in pre algebra for another year to accommodate for that. Meaning I started high school with Algebra 1. I didn’t talk about that in my application though.

Any information would help thank you so much, just trying to see where I stand thank you again.

in