Chance Me For ANY UC

<p>Hi, I’m an incoming senior and would like to apply to UC Schools.</p>

<p>Major: CS, CE, CSE, ECE, EECS (depending on what the UC school offers)</p>

<p>SAT I: 1810 ( CR 460, M 730, W 620 ); may retake</p>

<p>SAT II: MATH 2 (780), CHEM (710)</p>

<p>ACT: 27 ( ENG 26, M 35, CR 22, SCIENCE 25, ENG/ESSAY 26, ESSAY (9) ) awaiting june score</p>

<p>GPA (10/11): 3.54 (uw) , 3.875 (w, assuming cutoff is 8 extra points)</p>

<p>AP/HONORS (10/11): English 10 H, PRE-Calc (h), calc a (h), dev. of civ. (h), AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Calculus B/C, AP Computer Science</p>

<p>AP/HONORS (12) : AP SPANISH LITERATURE, AP STATISTICS, AP PHYSICS C</p>

<p>Extracurriculars: Solar Cup, Tennis Team, Applied Engineering Club, Leo Club, Robotics Club/Team</p>

<p>What should I do to help my APP and what are my chances to get into any UC School?</p>

<p>I think you will easily get into UCR, UC Merced and UC Santa Cruz. I would definitely apply to these schools though I would not recommend enrolling at UC Merced.
UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, UC Davis are toss ups or 50/50’s. I would apply to these schools if I were you.
UCSD is out of your reach but it is possible to get in. I would apply just to see if you can get in.</p>

<p>UCLA and UC Berkeley are so out of your reach that I would not apply to these schools. But that is up to you to decide.</p>

<p>I am enrolled in UCR and it is a good university even though it is not next to the beach. I know UCR has a computer science major.</p>

<p>Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>if i were able to improve my SAT score (CR and Writing), write great essays, and hopefully get a 4.0 1st semester of senior year, would that improve my chances at Davis, Irvine, and Santa Barbara? Also, would it give me a slight shot at LA or Berk?</p>

<p>Yes, it would. If you find out that your GPA or SAT score improves, report to all colleges. Also, I recommend getting a SAT and/or ACT tutor to help you improve on the SAT and/or ACT. Also, the UC’s that I recommend are UCSC, UCSB, UCSD and UCR. But that is just me. I applied to these schools when I was a freshmen applicant. I was rejected by UCSD and UCSB. I was wait-listed at UC Santa Cruz but later rejected. At least I was accepted at UCR though and I like it there. But, it is your decision on what college you want to go to. Again, good luck and best wishes to you.</p>

<p>I think you’ve got a good shot at Davis and Santa Barbara. Irvine, who knows. You’re in for Riverside, Merced and Santa Cruz. LA, Cal, and SD, don’t think so.</p>

<p>Do you have Community Service? 200 hours helps and 300 hours can make a real difference. It needs to be documented. Some students will be asked for proof after they file the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).</p>