Chance me for CS

GPA: 4.5 or 4.6 Class Rank is 5/422 but I expect it to drop honestly, got some Bs in some dumb classes

Course Rigor: Did not take the AP Test for all classes but I will have 11 by the end of senior year otherwise all Pre-AP except for required classes. Top 10 public school in the state

ACT:34 E35 M33 R34 S32

Plan on taking SAT Math Subject 2 Test

Race and Gender:Asian/Indian Male

Income: Middle to Upper Class

Residency: Missouri

ECs:

-Robotics for 4 years: will be Treasurer for Senior Year, on programming team

-Technology Student Association for 2 years: Competed in International Rocketry Challenge and Glider Challenge sponsored by Boeing at Wash U

-NHS 3 years, very little participation

-Viking Leadership Council: 50 students selected across the school to advise Activities director on ways to make the school a better place

-Boeing Explorer Post: Won 1st place out of 4 teams, teams were made up of about 200 people across the STL Bi-State Area, possible Boeing summer internship for the next summer

-Summer Camps: Invited to Leadership in Practice camp at Westminster College in MO; attended Space Exploration camp at Missouri S&T, was the Schematics lead

-3 years of Varsity Tennis, went to Districts 2 times, have 1 1st place medal 3 2nd place medals and 3 3rd place medals for Conference championships

-Volunteer Hours should be 100+

-Volunteer at middle school lego robotics club and help with competition design and technical difficulties

-Mu Alpha Theta for 3 years, tutor students on math

Possible hooks: First person in family to attend US college

-Worked as a dishwasher at local restaurant over summer

If you have any other recommendations for which colleges I should I apply to that are prestigious in CS please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Don’t know if this matters but I will apply EA and visit the college this summer.

You should post this in a generic location. I see you posted this twice… Once in Purdue, and another in Illinois. Is Purdue even in the top cs schools?

A 34 act puts you in the running pretty much everywhere. But cs is one of the most popular majors these days.

Where do you think I should post it? I just posted in those 2 places because they are my top 2. Also, I was told Purdue is extremely selective and that I probably have little to no chance. Wanted the CC community’s opinion though.

Both schools have gotten very competitive for CS and have acceptances rate low enough to be considered reaches for all. You have strong credentials so apply and also have solid match and safeties on your list.

Apply EA and consider Purdue a match(no guarantee). If you wait until RD I would then consider it a reach as much of the class would be filled.