Chance me for Electrical Engineering

I have an MCA of ~4577

Based on past year acceptances for Engineering, you want an MCA score closer to 4700+. That said, you never know how you will compare to all the other EE applicants. Best of luck and make sure you have some solid Match and Safety schools on your list.

Thanks for the reply! According to the estimates, EE had an acceptance rate of 42% last year. Besides IE, ManufacturingE , and MatE it had the highest acceptance rate. Wouldn’t that make it easier? I’m assuming the people who posted last year were at the top of the list.

Yes, having a higher acceptance rate can make it an easier admit than several of the other Engineering majors but since SLO does not post stats by major, the competition for EE may be overall higher (stats wise) even with higher admit rate. All you can do is wait until February for your decision

Acceptance rate only tells you how popular it is (i.e. how many apply versus how many slots there are). For example, Psychology is more selective than Aerospace Engineering, but I can almost guarantee that the cutoff MCA to get accepted into AE is higher.

I found 4 MCAs for accepted EEs on the Final Status thread from 2018. Posters listed them as 4600+, 4676, 4700+ and 4774. You never know where the cut will be, and you don’t know that the threshold, or even close, will be posted on CC. For all we know, it could be quite a bit lower. That said, I’d consider a 4577 a reach. You might get in, but you can’t count on it. Make sure you have a safety you’ll be happy with.

Good luck!

Does anybody know how to calculate for transfers

@XOcrew75, it’s bad form to co-opt someone else’s thread with a completely unrelated question.I’d start a new thread if you want a better chance at more feedback.