Chance me for Fordham Lincoln Gabelli School of Business

Please chance me for Fordham Lincoln center Gabelli school of business . Global business Major,
Northeastern London track. Early action.
U pitt business Major
Rutgers Business supply chain major
US citizen
new jersey
GPA 4.36 weighted.
2 C+ in 9th grade in Algebra 2 and C in advanced Us history in 10th grade
Intended Major- Global business
But AP Calculus Ab -4
AP Macroeconomics -4
AP language and comp- 5
Taking 5 AP classes in senior year.
AP stat, AP literature, AP spanish, AP psychology and APES.
school does not rank or do unweighted GPA.
SAT 1330. But not submitting.
EC-
president of animal club and vice president of Eco club.
Lead singer rock band- private.
Chorus honors -4 years at HS.
2 original spotify music singles releases.
Fund raisers for animal shelter.
Volunteering at religious center.
Marketing internships- 3 in summers.
Part time Job at old Navy.
No financial aid eligibility.
Applied early action.

Thank you.

1 Like

Also please chance me for Stevens Institute of technology Business major in marketing innovation and analytics major and management major

1 Like

It is an elementary school math problem to calculate an unweighted grade point average.

3 Likes

Thank you. is it necessary however to do that for the colleges mentioned?

It isn’t necessary for the colleges, but to get an accurate chance me from the posters here. There is wide variety in how schools weigh courses and no standard, which is why the CC chance me template requests unweighted GPA.

1 Like

I think you have a decent shot at Gabelli. Apply EA and make sure to do any “optional” essays.

1 Like

Thank you .
Already applied and did early action and essays. Do you mean gabelli at Lincoln ? Thats the choice but heard it is more competitive. the 2 C+ doesnt eliminate her chances ? her grades showed an upward trend in 11th

1 Like

Are you the parent or the student?

Hard to chance without knowing the unweighted GPA.

2 Likes

Parent.

Yes, I meant Gabelli at LC. I don’t think the 2 C+ grades puts her out of the running, although calculating an unweighted GPA would help us know more.

ETA: I see on the other thread that her Unweighted GPA is ~3.34. Yes, that does lower her chances.

1 Like

Fordham is one of her top choices. that is a little disappointing … wonder if they will do unweighted or weighted. covid year was hard on her just like for many students.

1 Like

All schools weigh differently, so to compare it’s easier to use unweighted. My daughter had one B, 9 AP’s, rest honors, ended up with a 3.9+ uw and 4.2 W. Covid was hard on all students, but puts them on a pretty even playing field (mine had 1 1/2 years online, but so did their peers).

2 Likes

how can credit be the same for a AP class and a normal class? I think that is not fair to use unweighted for that reason

Schools have many different ways of weighting, so you cannot compare them. Instead, people talk about grades and rigor separately.

Grades: what is UW GPA. Recalculate so A=4, A-= 3.7, etc

Rigor: how many honors, how many APs (or IB or DE). More granular: stats vs BC Calc, etc - some APs are harder than others

This is the closest you can get to comparing apples to apples.

Are you sure you calculated UW correctly? It would be unusual to have almost a full 1.0 gap between UW and W - that suggests almost all AP classes throughout high school which seems unlikely.

1 Like

I think it’s .5 points? There were also several A-, and they don’t have A+.

1 Like

Yes I am not sure regarding my calculation. I know current weighted is 4.36. will redo it.

Here’s the problem. our school doesnt give A+ anything over 90 is A. so never getting 4.0 for A as A is 3.67

An A should count as 4.0 in your calculation
B = 3.0
C = 2.0

And add or subtract 0.33 for a +/- grade.

3 Likes

Many schools don’t weight classes when calculating a GPA. Rigor is assessed separately.

Calculate an unweighted GPA like this…Any type of A=4, B=3 and so on. So, don’t weight any + or - grades differently.

I can’t chance your D but would look to the HS counselor and Naviance or Scoir to help categorize a school. My sense is Fordham Gabelli is reachy with a 3.34 unweighted, if that is still accurate.

Make sure your D has at least one affordable safety that she would like to attend. Then a handful of matches, and a few reaches. Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you. Ironically school does give B+ and C+. so should I use 3 for B and B+?