Chance me for RSI. Math Olympiad Black twice(therefore looking to do math research). Won some other awards, but haven't done much research

I’ve been MOP Black twice, and wanted to pursue some research before college. How much weight does RSI put on essays for the RSI application, and how much on awards like MOP? approximately what are my chances assuming I have almost perfect grades and say I write good essays on the application?

Your guess is as good as anybody else’s guess.
There wouldn’t be enough data to give you an empirically based answer.

not being very knowledgeable about the programs admissions myself, i was just hoping that some people who are knowledgeable could provide advice

It is insanely competitive so your chances are just like anyone else. Do your best and then identify other things to do with your time which are not as competitive and you should be fine no matter what.

If you really made Math Olympiad Black twice, why not get advice from one of the Olympiad coaches you’ve worked with? I’m sure they could guide you better than most of this forum and probably have fantastic connections in the math world. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.