Chance me for UW-MADISON please..URGENT!!

<p>Hello guys,</p>

<p>I am an international student from India. I am applying to UW-MADISON this fall.</p>

<p>My stats are-
- ACT scores- 27 composite
- Class rank- top 20%
- National level badminton player.
- Involved in a lot of activities such as work (paid), community service, sports such as badminton, cricket, swimming.
- My essays are really very good as far as my counselors and teachers told me.</p>

<p>Please chance me ...Hope for a reply ASAP!!</p>

<p>oops…sorry, my class rank is top 12%.
please someone reply asap…
thank you… :)</p>

<p>hard to tell because the subjective part seems good, but your ACT score is low. Have you considered SAT?</p>

<p>Oh yes, I did…but my SAT was even worse.
That is why I tried giving ACT!!
But I heard from somewhere that the middle 50% of ACT scores in UW-MADISON fall within 26-30?</p>

<p>Thank you for replying:)</p>

<p>Yep, the middle 50% of ACT scores are 26-30. And a 27 isn’t a low score, and considering you’re an international student, I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in :)</p>

<p>No urgency- applications are given equal treatment when complete by the February 1st deadline. Your stats fall within the middle range. Go ahead and apply- you can’t get in unless you do. Never any guarantees, but you are competitive. PS- there are several good Indian restaurants in Madison for when you get homesick for that food.</p>

<p>@Wiscobadger14 : Thanks a ton for the moral support…I was so nervous and it felt like I will get into none of the schools I will apply with an ACT score of 27. By the way, I am also applying to ohio state, penn state, uiuc, umass amherst, purdue, georgia tech (applied early). What do you think my chances are in these schools?
Thanks a lot for replying…! :)</p>

<p>@wis75 : Thank you for replying…I really hope to get into uw as it is one of my favorite schools in USA…Also my friend goes to UW and I’ve heard a lot about madison and Indian food available there… :slight_smile:
Please chance me for the universities I listed above as well…!!
Thank you :)</p>

<p>I would rate UW higher than most of those schools for difficulty in getting admitted- Georgia Tech is known to be hard to get into. You need to look at each school’s mid 50% range (25-75%iles) for test scores and gpa. You also have quite a range of locations-be sure to evaluate the majors that most interest you. Also look at the campus culture. You will want to check on the surrounding area for activities. Do not look at how close any are to another city, however. For example- closeness to Chicago. You are likely to go far from campus for most of your free time.</p>

<p>I can’t speak for any of the other schools, but my brother goes to UMass Amherst - you should be fine getting in there. It’s a beautiful school with a great atmosphere and some lovely people. It’s much more rural than UW though. What do you want to major in?</p>

<p>Nothing really urgent about this…I’d say you get in. “Match.”</p>

<p>@wis75 : Thank you a lot dear…I know that all other schools are a bit easier to get into when compared to UW-Madison. Anyways, I hope to get into uw as it is my 2nd dream school after Georgia tech. Thank you for you replies by the way. Your replies do make a difference. So keep posting :)</p>

<p>@deerstalkers : Thanks for the reply…Actually, I want to major in Computer science. Keep replying :)</p>

<p>@SaraCo : I hope your words come true…By the way, I’ve heard that it’s difficult for international students to get in UW-Madison with an ACT score of 27? Is it true?
Thanks…keep on replying :)</p>

<p>Check the ratings for grad schools in computer science- that may influence your rankings of schools. UW is up there.</p>

<p>I’ve seen them all man…Actually my college selection was based on both the computer science as well as overall rankings of the Universities…:slight_smile:
By the way, there isn’t any fall in the acceptances rates due to a particular major choice i guess? what do you say on this?
Thank you :)</p>

<p>You get accepted to the university as a whole, regardless of your intended major/school/college. You can put down a proposed major on your application to help you in getting assigned to the most appropriate advisor during SOAR (summer orientation, advising, registration). You can change your major at any time you are at UW.</p>