Chance me, GWU fall 2019

I’m a NVCC community college student interested in transferring to GWU as a Biology Major. I have a 3.4 GPA after the spring semester of 2019, which is low because I took Duel Enrollemnt in high school and didn’t take it seriously, but my transcript still shows how my grades exponentially improved over time since I was in community college for 3 years. Also my GPA lowered since I finally decided to become a biology major in the last year, so I took all my hard science courses together. However, despite me combining my hard classes together, I still didn’t do thatbad, except for my C in general chemistry 1, but right now I have an A in general chemistry 2 so that should be good proof that I have the ability to learn from my mistakes or improve. And in terms of EC’s, I’m a volunteer tutor at my local library, I’m in the green club, just started hospital volunteering, and just got an observership with a physicians assistant at the GWU hospital since that’s what I want to become. I plan on speaking to an admissions rep and meeting more of the faculty before I submit my application too.

Sounds like you’ve got a pretty solid chance. A 3.4 is good, but if you’ve been improving over time then it’ll look even better.

I think it’s great that you’re observing PA’s at GWUH, also. Not just for your application but for your awareness of what it’s like to be a PA. I used to know all the PA’s in the ED when I worked there (7+ years ago) and they were great people.

Good luck!