Chance Me: GWU with 3.4 GPA, tons of extra curricular and strong recommendations.

Race: Black/White
GPA: 3.4, with a test-optional application. In school, I serve as Student Body President, SHOW Stage Manager and Performer, Cultural Benefit Leader, and a participant in the Teen Outreach Program. Outside of school, I am the Programs Director of the state’s High School Democrats, was on the state’s Kid Governor’s Advisory Committee, was one of ten accepted into Emerson College Institute for Political Activism and Leadership and participant in the Center for Creative Youth and in a 4-H Teen Leadership program.

Rec: “[He] prides himself on his leadership skills, his ambition to pursue lofty goals, and his ability to
connect with people of different backgrounds. He has exhibited these qualities consistently in my courses, proving
himself a young man of uncommon character.”

My college essay called for young leaders and the opportunity for leadership education.

Guessing that if you have recommendations, that you applied already. I’d say you have a solid chance especially with those outside ECs.

What is unknown to our family is how our financial aid need will come into play since GW is need aware. Same with anyone else requiring aid. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I hope so!

Chance me PLEASE I’m dying as GW is my first choice
Race: Hispanic/white
GPA:3.7
Test: chose test optional
Rigor of classes: I’ve taken 3/4 APs offered at my school—my school is extremely small
In school activities: Red Cross club, debate club, varsity soccer (captain senior year)
Outside school: sleepaway camp counselor, camp leadership program, travel premier soccer, internship at a LGBT organization, private tutor, volunteer for Clinton campaign
Essay: strong—about leadership within my family unit and as a counselor
Recs: strong—from my camp employer, French and English teachers

I also toured GW and attended an info session, will GW recognize that as demonstrated interest and will it contribute to my application?