Extra curricular
Varsity volley from 10-11th grade
Jv rugby 9th grade

Jv volleyball 9th grade
Boxing from 10-11th grade
EEE club(basically and equal rights club) 11th grade
Got honors 11th grade6

SAT 130 670 math 650 reading
Gpa 3.4 (rip) but it’s like an upward trend like started rlly low in 9 grade but 11th grade is like 3.8 unweighted GPA

International student have been in 7 countries my whole life plus im from a small South American country called Bolivia (diversity points maybe?)

I have been in 3 different highschools throughout high school
(Malaysia Ecuador Bolivia)

Class rank: I don’t have yet
I’m planning to apply by the 25th of NOV

@Thelma2 pls

@Thelma2 double please

@Dinkoduk No on the diversity points. What engineering is looking for is your math and physics readiness. It is impossible to chance an applicant because we can’t see your whole app file. While they like well rounded students and EC’s, they are really looking for those who have the readiness to hit the ground running in tough classes. They want you to be successful but they are not going to hold any hands. A lot of students/parents get frustrated at the weed out classes the first year but the major is looking for those who can be and engineer, not just the one’s who want to be an engineer.
670 isn’t a bad math score but it isn’t really strong for engineering either. 700+ is good and 730+ is better but it probably won’t keep you from gaining admissions unless you lack elsewhere. I have seen lower math score be admitted.

Also, be prepared to be full pay. A&M does have a lot of scholarships you can apply for but they are not known to give financial aid to offset cost of attendance. They don’t have to to attract top students to attend.

@Thelma2 Hmm so based on this im guessing my chances are as good as 50/50 maybe? I am prepared to pay fully. Also what do you mean by "lack elsewhere’?

also i forgot to put this but i have 80+ community service hours from community service trips

“Lack Elsewhere” meaning, if your credentials are lacking in other area’s for fitness to the rigor of the major. So, if you have a 670 math score but have not taken any calculus classes, not having taken any calculus would make your application file less competitive, therefore, lacking. Sorry that statement was unclear before.

@Thelma2 ah i see, what if I was taking SL math IB when i applied

@Thelma2 If you had to give me an estimated chance of being accepted from 1-100% what would you say?

@Dinkoduk
Have you submitted your application yet? What does A&M put for your class rank? Your rank is going to be important in what you are offered.

It is impossible to say, as only A&M sees your complete file, what you have taken and scores. Your EC’s don’t matter much if the math and physics readiness isn’t there. I have seen applicants get full admission who based on what they reported here, didn’t seem like they would and I have seen applicants with stats I was surprised they were not offered full admissions.

I have uploaded my apply texas application but A&M hasn’t put anything for my class rank yet. I just uploaded my high school transcripts 9-11th grade and my SAT scores were just delivered today toefl should be there soon (106 score out of 120). How does A&M class rank?
the college admission process is probably humanity’s greatest mystery
Would my 670 show readiness for math and physics?

While 670 isn’t a really strong score for engineering, it isn’t the only factor. It alone does not demonstrate your readiness for Engineering Calculus. Or your physics. A&M will take your GPA and test scores with your schools grading profile (sent with your transcript) and determine a rank for you. If you are in second quarter, your full admission chances go down.
They will look to see what math classes were available to you and what classes you took. Same for physics.

@Thelma2 Hello! long time no see so today my i just received my rank and I got 1st quarter. Are my admission chances higher now?

Hello @Dinkoduk

Being ranked first quarter certainly helps. Being international student, are you willing to be full pay? If you filled out the scholarship portion on your Apply Texas Application, you are automatically considered for scholarships and those are announced mid spring. Here is info http://scholarships.tamu.edu/INTERNATIONAL/University-Scholarships#0-AdditionalInformation

The campus to which you are offered admissions depends a lot on the applicant pool you are competing with for a spot. You have a shot at full admission as well as first year general engineering at Galveston and Blinn or McAllen Engineering Academy.
Galveston

@Thelma2 Oh what about college station which is the one i am aiming for. And yes I am willing to pay full price :slight_smile:

@Thelma2 oh nvm im so blind “You have a shot at full admission”

It is impossible to say, @Dinkoduk There is no way to know for sure. I could make a guess based on past two years engineering admissions but those years won’t tell us the competitiveness of the applicants you are up against for this year.
If all things were equal, I would say that full to College Station is a shot but more likely a decision for Galveston. Galveston is a decision for review applicants that didn’t have stats high enough for College Station spot.

@Thelma2 Hii
This current year i am taking physics for 12th grade and i have a 91 avg on that class but, Its in 12th grade meaning that the transcripts I sent to tamu for engineering didnt contain a physics course in them(9-11th grade). What can I do to inform them of this? Or is it possible to recive some sort of conditional acceptance?

@Dinkoduk In your application, there was a section where you recorded the classes that you would have complete by graduation so I am sure you put what your are taking now, in that spot. You can open up your application and go back through it to see. While you can’t resubmit it, it might give you peace of mind to know you did it. There is a lot on the application and you have just forgotten you put that info down.

@Thelma2 I think there was that section on the coalition application but I dont think I saw one in apply texas applications though (the one I did),