Chance me on admission

<p>3.4 UW gpa
31 ACT
Strong essays
Very strong rec letter
3 sport varsity athlete
Strong EC's</p>

<p>5 AP's, 4 AC's
Academic All American for water polo (2012, 2013)
1st Team All-State water polo (2013, 20140
Senior captain of water polo team</p>

<p>Desperate for responses!!</p>

<p>The GPA is a little low for such a high ACT score, indicating a possible lack of work ethic. </p>

<p>However, the athletics seem impressive. </p>

<p>A good chance. Do apply.</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>

<p>Way too little information to make a guess. Where are you from? How many kids from your hs apply, and what is the average acceptance number for GPA? Do you have all the minimum hs course requirements? Is your GPA trend up, down, same over 3-4 years?</p>

<p>It does not matter how many classmates apply.</p>

<p>I agree that the GPA is a little on the lower side for someone with the smarts for a 31 ACT. What is your class rank?</p>

<p>If s/he comes from a hs with a good number of applicants, then the historical data for acceptances and rejections will be better for guessing success. From my hs, there has never been an applicant who was accepted with less than a 3.8 WGPA or lower than an 1150 SAT in five years. Maybe his hs has a completely different set of data.</p>

<p>I found it funny because I am in a very similar position. I just sent off my application as well. 3.45 UW GPA with a 2020 SAT. Varsity water polo athlete as well. All-League and USA Water Polo Academic All-American. Also a NHRP (National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholar), but besides that we have very similar credentials. Strange how that works. Maybe if we both get in I will see you at the club polo team.</p>

<p>Huge difference in weighted/unweighted gpa Leyland. Agree better grades would be expected with the test scores. More people fail in college from lack of study skills than from lower test scores.</p>