Chance me please??? College of Letters and Sciences

<p>Hi guys. I am a prospective Badger wanting some sort of an estimate of my chances into UW-Madison. I am an out-of-state student, and want to major in Political Science.</p>

<p>GPA: 3.39 (UW), 3.9512 (W), 3.94 Freshman Year, 3.78 Sophomore Year, and 4.14 Junior Year
ACT: 34 (11/12 on Writing)</p>

<p>Course Rigor: Have taken 6 AP and 6 Honors Courses through 9-11th Grade,</p>

<p>AP Scores: AP European History (5), AP US History (5), AP Human Geography (5), AP World History (4), AP Calculus AB (4), AP English Language (4), AP Statistics (3)</p>

<p>Senior Year Schedule: AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Government (US and Comparative), AP Macro/Micro, Spanish IV, VEI (Honors Business Course)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars: Two leadership positions, one a youth board member of my City's Financial Advisory Board, and two, co-founder of an Indian workshop to help impoverished kids learn English. Other than this, 2 year member of the Tennis Team, State Champion for Business Professionals of America Event, 4 year member of Model United Nations Team (Award winner at MUNUC conference), Intern for Bruce Rauner Gubernatorial Campaign, and 150 hours of volunteering for the Illinois GOP</p>

<p>PLEASE GUYS A CHANCE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU SO MUCH!</p>

<p>The unweighted GPA is a bit on the low side. What is your class rank? With a high ACT, and lower GPA, it may look like you are smart but not a hard worker.</p>

<p>I think you have a pretty good chance, the fact you’ve taken rigorous course work probably makes up for the lower unweighted plus you have solid extracurriculars. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you guys for your help. And, if race is an issue, I am indian. and our school doesn’t have class rank, but I am within the top 10%</p>

<p>Anyone else?? I’d love feedback.</p>

<p>Parent with current UW student, have watched several admissions cycles. If I had to predict, I would say with the high ACT and lower gpa, this would likely be postponed and then admit later in the admission cycle (early spring). </p>

<p>Agree with the above comments.</p>

<p>Thank you for your guys’ help, again. Your opinions are similar to my thought process to my situation. Never thought Wisc was this strict to OOS students</p>

<p>Last year UW admitted just over 70% of WI residents who applied as incoming fteshmen. It was much lower for non-residents.</p>

<p>ANYONE ELSE??? I am so nervous, as I have not received a decision when many of my school friends have!</p>

<p>Patience required. No posts will change anything. </p>

<p>Fantastic advice @wis75‌ ! My nerves have been calmed by your soothing words.</p>