chance me please - RD

<p>Hi everyone! Maybe someone could help me figure out if I have a chance or not at any of these schools!
I am a Hispanic female (Dual Citizenship with Colombia and USA) from Connecticut. I Am first generation college and come from low income family ( <30,000/yr)
I have taken AP UCONN Biology (3), AP UCONN Chemistry (3), AP English 11 (3), AP Psychology (4), APUSH (couldn't afford to test)
Senior course load is AP Computer Science, Honors Humanities, Physics, Reel History, Speech, UCONN Spanish V</p>

<p>I have a GPA of 3.7/4.0 and scored a 27 on my ACT's (only took them once)</p>

<p>I intend to major in an environmental/biology degree</p>

<p>-I am a member of NHS and won member of the summer
-I am a house leader for a program in my school called Upbeat which revolves around leadership and community service (I am responsible for organizing and taking care of 30 kids from my school)
-I help volunteer at our annual town fair with recycling
-I have been a member of the wrestling team (only girl on all guys team) for all four years of high school
-I volunteer with the youth wrestling program in my town
-I studied and volunteered abroad in Costa Rica for two weeks where I took an intensive spanish course, stayed with a home-stay family, and helped rebuild a local daycare
-I researched and volunteered with an organization called All Out Africa in Mozambique, Swaziland, and South Africa for over 5 weeks. I became PADI Open Water and Deep Dive certified. I totaled over 135 volunteer hours and was able to work side by side collecting data and learning with many marine and wildlife conservationists in a small beach town on the coast of southern Mozambique. I was able to get a lot of insight into my career path.
-Throughout all of my junior and senior year I worked about 30 hours a week on week and weekend nights (about 5 days a week). Most of my earnings went towards family and house bills.</p>

<p>My letters of rec. are all great
I spent a lot of time on my essay. It told the story of my life and family tragedy and how it has helped me to grow</p>

<p>I know that my grades and scores are not as high as they should be but it was all due to the hard times I went through during my sophomore and junior year. My job basically inhibited me from being able to focus on school. Im hoping my essay will help demonstrate that.</p>

<p>any insight would be great!</p>

<p>rank is a little low - 60/206</p>

<p>bump</p>

<p>bump #2</p>

Its very important what Major you applying for. With your Experience you should also look at Marine Science at UM. I think you have a better chance of getting admission in Marine Science since you brings in lots of Real Life Experience in this field. UM Marine Science is a top notch program across USA.

You can easily Major in Marine science and a minor in Biology…

I think you have a good chance of getting in, not sure how much you can get UM Scholarship since your scores are on the lower side but you might get UM Aid, Grants and Federal FA…