Chance Me Please

This is one of the choices I’ve been considering for awhile and I’m not super sure whether I could get in. My merits seem to be pretty solid in general but just below average from what I’ve heard for Miami.

GPA: 3.75/3.63/3.70 for freshman, sophomore and junior year
SAT: superscore 1380 (750 Eng; 630 Math)
WGPA: 5.15

AP Courses: Government, Computer Science Principles, World History, US History, English Lang, Chinese 5- (next year) Chinese 6, English Lit, Human Geography and likely Euro.

EC (what I consider the weaker part of my merits):
-Chinese Culture Club 2 years (so far)
-Mock Congress 1 year (so far)
-Model UN 1 year (so far)
-Editor on the school paper 1 year so far (have been on the paper since freshman year)
-Quill & Scroll Honor Society
-Chinese Honor Society

(Potentially some more honor societies based on next years inductions)

So what do you think? Yay or nay? If RD seems unlikely do you think I’d be more competitive EA/ED? Any feedback is appreciated!

Your stats look pretty hopeful compared to my own acceptance and the acceptances I’ve seen for this coming school year. Consider taking the SAT one more time. Your English score is great, but put a bit of focus on your math, because it’s bringing you down in terms of the SAT range Miami shoots for. Definitely apply EA! I recommend EA for every school possible. You’ll have a higher chance of being considered to major merit scholarship and being given any money in general. Your ECs are good, too, and show diversity! You’re on the right track! If you’re really considering Miami, I recommend demonstrating interest as soon as possible (ie: visit campus, reach out to your admissions counselor, etc…)