Chance Me: Purdue Computer Engineering [3.75 UW, 1300 SAT]

3.75 uw GPA 4.25 w

Had a upward trend

3.55 uw freshman year, 3.7 uw sophomore, 4.0 uw junior year Poor grades senior first semester.

Purdue CS dream school

1300 sat

AEOP Apprenticeship at IUPUI and did research on 3D printing ceramic materials and developed water soluability and pressure sensors. Had a 9% acceptance rate and paid $3000. IUPUI is affiliated with Purdue

Did a Regeneron STS research project on developing a graphic card for quantum computers in the fields of scientific simulations, cryptocurrency mining and the playing and developing of videogames. Is a abstract idea not in development. Created a quantum algorithm using qiskit that optimizes calculations and processes. Dedicated 1000 hours between 11th and 12th grade.

Was part of the For the Children Club at school which ran donation drives and candy grams.

Currently working on project with software engineer at Goldman Sachs on training an AI model by feeding it data on fortune 500 companies and using data to create chatbot using huggingface and tensorflow. These two tools will be used to make the AI predict future stock trends and provide users with data on companies.

AEOP Research Paper- Based on the data collected with sensors, drew conclusions and wrote a research paper on what was done and submitted as a group to a low level journal run by the program. Worked with a professor.

Submitted Github Link with C++, Java and Python Projects

Volunteer At non profit which gave meals to homeless and worked 150 hours in High school and volunteered since 7th grade.

Volunteer at a local temple for 50 hours in high school and volunteered since 6th grade.

Worked at dunkin donuts during the summer

Vex Robotics Member

3rd decile in school of 450 kids

had poor grades senior year because of personal reasons

It would be helpful if you filled out the chance me/match me template. There’s important information there that you’ve not provided (state of residency is particularly important)

Then why are you applying to computer engineering?

2 Likes

You may also want to change your username to protect your privacy. Here’s how:

1 Like

You have a fine record - but unlikely for Purdue in CS or CE. Not impossible but unlikely.

You should be concerned about your poor grades senior year. Why is this? Is your schedule too rigorous? How is your math SAT?

There are no dream schools - big colleges have big classes, maybe bad professors, you have a bad roommmate, etc.

There are many schools that can work for you though - so what are your backups and can you afford them?

Purdue is no doubt wonderful but there are many other wonderful schools and I hope you have one that you would be excited to attend.

Purdue is definitely an easier admit than other “elite” or “high end” engineering and CS schools but my guess is you’re not quite there - although your overall portfolio is very impressive.

Best of luck.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.